Tantora GH+ - TDS vs GH weirdness

I am seeing some weird readings with Tantora "Mineral Liquid GH+".  I've dosed to where I think I should be (GH of 4), but the TDS is still reading strangely low (82 ppm).

This is a new brand of GH supplement for me, so I am not sure what I should trust and/or rely on. Ideally I'd like to see a TDS of at least 100-120, but it's just not there. and I am a little worried that if I dose enough to get my TDS up my GH will way overshoot.  So do I shoot for TDS in the right range, or GH in the right range? Or ditch tantora and go with something else?

ok.. I think I have it under control. I decided to do a GH test in low range, and it turns out that my GH was closer to 3 than to 4, but not enough to get a color change at standard range.

1 drop in 1 liter of RO yeilds me a touch over 1 GH and a TDS of 25. Added more and my TDS is right exactly where it should be now :)

I guess the moral of the story is to make sure your test (and the tester)is sane before you trust it..

The thing about gh+ products is that some can have just Ca and Mg which will result in low TDS. An example is Azoo gh up which will have gh 6 and Tds below 100. Shrimp dedicated products are most likely complimented with other minerals which the shrimp need, so the TDS is higher at the same gh level. The differences can be really big from product to product. 

1 hour ago, dao said:

The thing about gh+ products is that some can have just Ca and Mg which will result in low TDS. An example is Azoo gh up which will have gh 6 and Tds below 100. Shrimp dedicated products are most likely complimented with other minerals which the shrimp need, so the TDS is higher at the same gh level. The differences can be really big from product to product. 

I figured that what you are describing might be an issue with certain products - and actually this is the reason why I am not using my own homemade GH booster, as it is just CaSO4 and MgS04 in a 4:1 ratio.  I figured that since Tantora is a shrimp specific GH+ product that it should have a little more complete array of other minerals to it. I am guessing that it does given that the parameters fell exactly where they said they would...after I started doing more accurate tests :)

One of my main wants for the variety of shrimp products out there is a little more transparency as to what is actually in them.. at least percentage of each element, I don't necessarily need an ingredient list where they reveal their ultra super secret mojo sauce.

I agree that lack of information is the problem with shrimp products so you never know what exactly goes into the water,  and what you might be missing. I guess it is working  to well for them to change,  as people are blindly trying out each product.