Fenris

Hello, first of all, I'm new here and I'm from Spain I've been keeping fish for almost 4 years now and I want to give it a try to the shrimps.

The ones I've selected are the bloody mary, and I have a few questions about them.

I've read a lot about if they breed true or not but all the articles and post I've read are from 1 or 2 years ago and I want to know if they improved the strain.

I want to obtain the best colour I can but I don't have much idea of what I'm doing so if someone could be kind enough to give me a small guide of how to select the best males and females and an easy way to remove the rest from the tank. 

Thank you very mucho for reading all this and I hope you answer me.

I am no expert and consider myself new to this sort of thing, but I think it would depend on who you get them from. If they are reputable and honest they will tell you the cull rate (amount/percentage of shrimp with undesirable traits needing to be removed). With bloody mary you will get chocolate colored culls I believe. If you have no choice but to start with, say 10-20, let your numbers grow to 100. Then select your best 20 from them and start all over (of course pulling out any obvious undesirable shrimp you see along the way). Setup a new tank if possible for these 20 and use the old one for culls. This way you aren't fishing out 80 shrimp lol. If I have butchered this hopefully one of the advanced breeders will come along and give us both some experience. [emoji4]

The Bloody Mary line has improved over the years but still needs to be culled. Mine I have been breeding for 2-3 years now with all breeding true as in red shrimps but will get the ocassional cherry grade looking shrimps which I cull to keep the color going.
82245b095c800eda214cb6296f056924.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you very much to both of you, pretty much resolved my doubts. I have spoken to the seller and he said that the 90% breed red but in different grades not as bright as the parents.

I will start with 10 because is what I can afford right now. With the cull I probably put them in my 50 gallon fish tank, maybe they will thrive and create a colony or maybe they will get eaten by the fish I really dont care cause on that tank I have multidentata to do the algae trimming job.

Thank you again and i will let you know when my shrimps arrive. :)