Lighting Recommendations

I'm wondering if yous guys can give me some recommendations on a 48" light.  I got back into the hobby a few months back, and purchased a used 75 gallon set-up.  It came with a 48" Aquaneat LED light.  I've noticed that some of my plants are definitely not getting enough light, especially the smaller carpeting plants (micro swords, etc.)  The tank looks fine overall, but it's clear that this light isn't getting to the bottom of the tank.  I'd like to upgrade the lighting, but money's tight.  And I'd rather go with LED than one that needs replacement bulbs.  Anyone have any suggestions for a light that is known to work in deeper tanks?  Thanks in advance.

how deep is the tank?  a typical 75 gallon?

if so, you will be hard pressed to get a good led light for under $100.

a decent option might be a Beamsworks unit off of ebay or amazon.  make sure you are getting the version for planted tanks vs. cichlid tanks. 

Well before you decide on the light are you using a form of CO2 or CO2 itself, cause from what I read its sort of hard to keep carpeting plants alive without CO2. On top of that most of them are also a high light plant as well. I wouldn't recommend a beamswork with them; although it is cheap and efficient source of lighting mine wasn't able to grow anything, but christmas moss and subwassatang. Even my java fern windelov was dying underneath mine.  Other plants it failed to grow was pogestemon helferi downoi, potamogeton gayi and star grass as well, but it may have been due to my substrate (A mix of caribsea crystal river and tahitian moon), lack of nutrients or lack of CO2 of any sort. The 2 lights I can stand by so far is the Finnex planted 24/7 (not the new version) as I have used it and everything survived using it in a dirted aquarium alongside with CO2 injections and the fluval 2.0 which I have heard wondrous things about and may get in the far future. 

1 hour ago, Revaria said:

Well before you decide on the light are you using a form of CO2 or CO2 itself, cause from what I read its sort of hard to keep carpeting plants alive without CO2. On top of that most of them are also a high light plant as well. I wouldn't recommend a beamswork with them; although it is cheap and efficient source of lighting mine wasn't able to grow anything, but christmas moss and subwassatang. Even my java fern windelov was dying underneath mine.  Other plants it failed to grow was pogestemon helferi downoi, potamogeton gayi and star grass as well, but it may have been due to my substrate (A mix of caribsea crystal river and tahitian moon), lack of nutrients or lack of CO2 of any sort. The 2 lights I can stand by so far is the Finnex planted 24/7 (not the new version) as I have used it and everything survived using it in a dirted aquarium alongside with CO2 injections and the fluval 2.0 which I have heard wondrous things about and may get in the far future. 

Revaria is correct. Depending on the type of plants you get, it will determine which type of lighting you'll want.... then you might or might not need co2. 

Not adding any type of CO2. Substrate is Black Diamond blasting grit with Seachem root tabs. Plants are basic undemanding types, with various rotala and ludwigia in there. Foreground is microswords. I previously had a similar 75 gallon setup going a few years back with a Hagen T5 double bulb light fixture. Every plant I put in there thrived. 

Thanks all for the answers. I'm thinking I should just save up and get a nice proper light. 

Yeah from what I hear T5s can grow a ton of stuff, but they generate a lot of heat and use too many watts for my tastes. And if your plants are undemanding then you might be able to get away with a cheaper light like the finnex stingray. Cory from aquarium coop on youtube made a bunch of light reviews one of them was on the stingray as well, so I would take a look at them if I were you. He even has a par meter reading in some of them to give you an idea of how bright they get. 

Heres the link 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD7QaRzf1Qw