Amanos With Neocaridina

Cheeseball

I have no experience with amanos but I grind up my food in a mortar before putting it in the tank so everyone gets their own personal piece of food. Very little fighting and the smaller shrimp don't get left out.

Once they've grabbed a chunk, they sort of just stand there munching on it for 15 min. Fun to watch.

I would say yes as long as the type of food you put in there is split into innumerable amounts of pieces and the number of amanos is kept on the low side, my mistake with neos and the amano combo was that I used pellet food and each of my amanos can pick up 3-4 pieces and carry them away from neos; adding more food would dirty the tank water faster than preferred as well. If they are in there for algae control I don't know how well they will do as amanos tend to prefer added food over algae in general from what I heard. On a personal note I wouldn't put them together again though even if I had the chance as I felt like they bothered with the neos space and can shove them away from food. Another tip is to make sure to either cover the net when moving amanos or tap them back to the bottom cause amanos can easily and quickly scale nets and drop onto the floor before you reach the other tank. 

Okay, so I think I will probably get rid of my amanos when my lfs gets some yellow neos in. Hopefully the neos can eat some of the algae, too. Maybe my lfs will take the amanos back, if not, I can probably find a home for them. (I only have 3, so I will not be selling them) Thanks for the information guys!

I've kept an amano w my cherries for well over a year and it's been fine.  She's not aggressive at all. Feeding time is not an issue. I agree that it probably depends on the individual shrimp. I'm ordering her a few playmates soon so we'll see how it goes.

Good luck!

Sandy