how do you feed over populations tanks?

So what are you feed and how ofter a tank with over population shrimps.

I have a problem in one of my tank, i keep crs , tank is about 80liters and there must be 500-600 shrimps or more, and now i have berried females.

One problem is with breeding the shrimps because female get lot of stress, i saw one time female was on the substrate and there must be around 30-40 males above her

From stess the female can be eaten from other shrimps, because she not moved.

And the second problem is that i cannot feed them a lot , because of polution the water, all the times are hungry.

So how can i solve the above problems?

I don't have that problem unfortunately but I think powdered foods with blanched veges or pellets would work. I have over 60 shrimp in my 7g and I add Shrimp King Protein Pellet once every other day and 1 scoop of Shrimp King Baby and Bio Tase everyday. I also have alder cones, cholla wood, moss, rams horns snail infestation, and different litter leaves so they always seem well fed and grazing.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Feed Snowflake, Mulberry Leaves and with that many shrimp there should not be leftovers. Sell shrimp to minimize your colony number. Do more frequent small water changes, they are hardy and should do well. If you don't feed enough they will start eating other shrimp and attacking molting shrimp. I find that the attacking of molting shrimp occurs when there is a high population of shrimp and not enough space or food 

19 hours ago, Shrimp Life said:

Feed Snowflake, Mulberry Leaves and with that many shrimp there should not be leftovers. Sell shrimp to minimize your colony number. Do more frequent small water changes, they are hardy and should do well. If you don't feed enough they will start eating other shrimp and attacking molting shrimp. I find that the attacking of molting shrimp occurs when there is a high population of shrimp and not enough space or food 

I am trying to find snowflakes in biger packet those companies sell 40gram....

Yes mulbery leaves, i feed them in summer now i dont have, this year i collect more.

I sell the shrimps but not a lot of people here keep shrimp tanks.

So how many shrimps can hold in a safe mode in a 80 liter tank?

I have a lot of berried , mine start to breeding now there will be a problem in the future.

On 3/15/2019 at 1:41 PM, nicpapa said:

So how many shrimps can hold in a safe mode in a 80 liter tank?

I feel like you've reached the limit without having to change more water and thin colony some as Shrimp Life suggested. That sounds about right going by the 25-30 dwarf shrimp per gallon suggestion I've heard others talk about. Might be time for another tank? lol I have yet to reach a breeding threshold with my own shrimp and most likely won't as I will be separating them by phenotype and selectively breeding them. Drawback to this method is you need several tanks for each type/line. Not very practical for most. 

leaves and snowflake are good options.  In my experience as long as they are eating other the other foods (pellet foods) they shouldn't pollute your tank too much.  Do you have any plants in your tank?  What kind of filtration are you running?  How do you know if you feed more it is polluting the water?  Were you having problems with ammonia or nitrates when you increased your feeding?

If you are looking for larger quantities of the snowflake food I have them on my site.  I sell up to 1kg on my site and if you wanted even more let me know.

19 hours ago, madcrafted said:

I feel like you've reached the limit without having to change more water and thin colony some as Shrimp Life suggested. That sounds about right going by the 25-30 dwarf shrimp per gallon suggestion I've heard others talk about. Might be time for another tank? lol I have yet to reach a breeding threshold with my own shrimp and most likely won't as I will be separating them by phenotype and selectively breeding them. Drawback to this method is you need several tanks for each type/line. Not very practical for most. 

I dont want to add more tanks for crs, i have now 2 tanks with them.. :)

I dont think that you can keep the true breeding with grades.

19 hours ago, OblongShrimp said:

leaves and snowflake are good options.  In my experience as long as they are eating other the other foods (pellet foods) they shouldn't pollute your tank too much.  Do you have any plants in your tank?  What kind of filtration are you running?  How do you know if you feed more it is polluting the water?  Were you having problems with ammonia or nitrates when you increased your feeding?

If you are looking for larger quantities of the snowflake food I have them on my site.  I sell up to 1kg on my site and if you wanted even more let me know.

Yes there are plants in the tank, filtration is sponge filters.

I know from nitrates... if i feed  alot.

I saw it , its expensive.. :)  and i am from Greece.

You can see the tank here at 1:07 and here when they breed

On 3/17/2019 at 2:36 PM, nicpapa said:

I dont want to add more tanks for crs, i have now 2 tanks with them.. :)

I dont think that you can keep the true breeding with grades.

Haha, ok. I understand. Hopefully you can find more buyers or keep doing water changes, feeding forage foods or maybe using a product like Purigen to help keep nitrates and DOCs in check.

I won't be separating by patterns but by actual phenotypes. I could have explained that better, my apologies. I keep mostly hybrids.. tibees, frt, taitibees, galaxies, etc. so it's a grab bag of surprises with offspring with TB genes until you can stabilize them (somewhat). I have several different lines mixed in there, so a long road indeed. I wouldn't select like this with my PRLs for example... only culling out washed out colors, bleeding of reds into whites, yellowing, clear legs, etc. Maybe tossing a few pairs from another line every few generations to keep colony healthy and vigorous. 

o

2 hours ago, madcrafted said:

Haha, ok. I understand. Hopefully you can find more buyers or keep doing water changes, feeding forage foods or maybe using a product like Purigen to help keep nitrates and DOCs in check.

I won't be separating by patterns but by actual phenotypes. I could have explained that better, my apologies. I keep mostly hybrids.. tibees, frt, taitibees, galaxies, etc. so it's a grab bag of surprises with offspring with TB genes until you can stabilize them (somewhat). I have several different lines mixed in there, so a long road indeed. I wouldn't select like this with my PRLs for example... only culling out washed out colors, bleeding of reds into whites, yellowing, clear legs, etc. Maybe tossing a few pairs from another line every few generations to keep colony healthy and vigorous. 

Oh ok , yeap i keep also taibee - taiwans, and i do the mistake to make hybrids between crs -tangerine tigers and pinto taiwans.

I have them in one tank, and  i am waiting to get the population big to seperate them.

Also that you says, from adding  lines from another colony i dont thinks its change something.

I start my crs from 20 shrimps 3-4 years ago, also cbs from 3 shrimps never mix with diferent blood.