My crystal red shrimp have white fuzz on legs. please help!

Daisy J

Hey, I recently set up a tank for my red crystal shrimp, I believe I have all  It's parameters  Where they should Be, but I keep noticing a white fuzz growing on their legs, and they don't seem to want to eat anything, except for a couple of them ate some seaweed after trying a bunch of different things, I've already lost about 10 and need help

1 minute ago, Daisy J said:

I don't have any pictures yet, but I think you're right about the fungus. I also noticed when I put food in the tank it only take about 2 hours to grow the same looking stuff

Now that doesn't sound right at all.  I'm gonna need to see pics of that too!  

And that's on your living shrimp too?  

I'd start with a salt dip for all shrimp in the tank, then I'd start looking at deep cleaning the tank and possibly even resetting it.  Can you give me a panned out shot of the tank?  Or maybe a few shots of the inside?  

Absolutely it could have.  What are your Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate readings?  

Also, what are your gH & kH readings?  Generally to keep Crystal Reds you need an Active Substrate and a gH only, shrimp-specific remineralizer.  What type of water are you using?