Moss Identification

swissian

Hey guys. I was hoping that maybe you may have an insight as to what type of moss is growing in my mini pellia. I have posted elsewhere and it was suggested to be java moss... It is way too small to be java moss. I'm thinking that it maybe be mini weeping moss.

LEgVaHZ.jpg

I have seen this on my mini pellia, I was thinking it's rhizoids from the mini pellia.

That may be! I'm having a hard time finding other examples of it.

Edit:

Sorry, I must have been responding while you were sending your photos. It looks the exact same! Do you know if the rhizoids will eventually form the regular "leaves" of the mini pellia?

I am just guessing idk for sure, maybe plant wizard Han will chime in. We are both getting the same thing from the same moss, it would be cool if it where something else but it's probably part of mini pellia.

Sounds like you got a great two for one deal!

It looks like java moss. Java moss will grow thin and stringy in low light conditions.

I would go with Countryboy's recommendation to be sure.

Yeah, mine is in a higher light tank too. This is extremely slow growing too. I've had the mini pellia for a long time!

My "Siamese" cat was a stray and is actually a tortoiseshell point color. Her sister is grey. They may be half Siamese since they are very vocal.

ya isolate and grow it out.

looks like mini willow moss.

and seriously you both have the same cat also?? lol