Shrimp Stare

woopderson

So I was trying to take a photo up close of one of my Blue bolts. She turned and stared at me. She stayed that way for 5 minutes until I gave up. I came back and tried again, same thing. Too funny!

24dea5d73c9cfe8ce83b7f158d10f3d6.jpg

Here are a couple other shots of my BBs. [emoji1]

12736d7cf994aed5baded53ffa09b2bc.jpg597834fee977e421d9d5302fb097cfe9.jpg588a441c18946b211bea8487cf867766.jpgba47be288f4ffb13b38c5500aabfcd02.jpg07064b1aa87e853496c171d9ceb79015.jpg

Thanks! They were defintely tough to keep in the summer, as my apartment isn't air conditioned. Had a fan blowing on the surface to keep temps down. That caused a lot of evap, and paraneters had to be closely monitored. If I could get some ac for next summer we will be all set. Other than that they aren't too bad. ADA+RO and stable water is the recipe for success!

Speaking of shrimp stares, I came home late last night and, just for kicks, turned a flashlight on the tank.

First, whoever said you don't know how many MTS you have until you check on them at night was totally right. :)

Second, shrimp eyes glow like other critters'! I have not checked into their eye anatomy, but I can tell you I wasn't expecting so many glittery little eyes looking back at me from the jungle. Like little scavenging raccoons.

Great pictures, I have noticed the same thing, especially in my TB tank. What camera are you using?

Glad you like 'em! I am using a Samsung Galaxy S2 with a clip on macro lens. The range is really limited but patience and willing shrimp can yield some nice pictures.

Nice picture there. I find BB and Shadow Mosura do this the most (I don't know why). I took a few like that and quite like them.