KH and GH what exactly do they mean?

So I finally got the API KH and GH kit. I shook the box, peeked in the bag looking for a color chart before I finally realized there wasn't going to be one, lol

So... I tested the 10 gallon snowball tank. It took 7 drops of each in each tube to turn the correct color. I read the chart and saw that was 125.3. Had no idea what that meant so goggled and got more confused.

I'm guessing the #7 is the number I need to use, correct? If so, I checked and it seems that the KH is a bit high? 

I would tell you what my TDS is but the US postal services says that they delivered my pen (see soothing, I am learning) on Sunday but they lied and I still don't have it :( My cobalt heater is in the same missing package, grrr... anyhow

Is 7 bad for neos? I googled and sites differ and then they say snowballs need different than yellow neos and I thought all neos would be about the same???

If it takes 7 drops to change colours for API kits, then it's GH 7 (and KH 7). Your parameters are good for Neos although parameters don't mean everything. Your TDS is probably at 180-220 range if I have to guess.

Neo survival rate depends more on shrimp source than water parameters (as long as within reasonable range), I have some put into a TDS 900 tanks from source water TDS 180, fast acclimation too and fatality was okay.

"Shrimp source" as is where I got them from or does that mean something else?

And I had to contact amazon about my missing order. They are sending me new ones.. so hopefully I will have all water testing 'things' soon

Hey, people :) As far as I read, Amazon is the cheapest to get all water test, am I right?? I'm from Europe :P

I would say for all the required tests amazon is cheapest.  Master kit is like 22$, GH/KH is 6$ TDS pen ~20$.

If it takes 7 drops to change colours for API kits, then it's GH 7 (and KH 7). Your parameters are good for Neos although parameters don't mean everything. Your TDS is probably at 180-220 range if I have to guess.

Neo survival rate depends more on shrimp source than water parameters (as long as within reasonable range), I have some put into a TDS 900 tanks from source water TDS 180, fast acclimation too and fatality was okay.

I got my pen and tested the snowball tank - got a TDS of 130 is that good or bad?

And - according to this chart http://www.shrimpkeeping.com/water-params/  My water would be decent for tigers too is that true?... not that I'm getting more shrimp. After the blue velvets I will be getting soon that's it for me... honest.. yea...no more shrimp! :D

At a TDS of 130 your GH is probably 4 to 5, KH is what affect's your PH. A GH of 4 to 8 and TDS of 100 to 200 with a KH of 2 to 5 PH of 6.5 to 6.8 anywhere in those parameters is good for Neo's/tiger's. This all can vary depending on where the shrimp where breed, European breeder's run higher PH, were Asian breeder's tend to run lower PH.