Toronto Shrimp, Eh?

Pika

Combined work and vacation trip with my SO to Toronto for a few days next week!! We're staying downtown, and will be using public transit. I have a weekday to myself, and thinking about checking out Shrimp Fever, if I can get the public transit there. (Google makes it *look* easy, but I've learned to always be prepared!)

Anyone been there? Any other suggestions? I hear Chinatowns can be a fun place for unique aquatic and other shops, and may ask around once we get there. Open to aquarium-related info, or other fabulous suggestions if you've been... Especially food. I love food. :D

And no, no shrimps will be coming back. Or anything else alive and/or illegal. But some fun hidey caves or other hardgoods would make a fun souvenir!

• 2 weeks later...

So, definitely possible to get to Shrimp Fever via public transit! But... Tommy is only at this location for another week or two, and their new location will open in a month or two, so I'll spare you the details. :) if you're ever in Toronto though, I recommend a visit!

Great place, and some lovely shrimp, although he assured me these were nothing compared to their "normal" stock, when they aren't in the midst of moving. (I've never gotten to see shrimp in person, so I was simply happy to see what they had) Came away with a cute (if "silly") souvenir hidey cave and some Lowkeys Vitamin Kale to try. (All vegetarian, no animal meal, so made it through customs with me)

Rilis

image-2.jpg

Can't remember the official name he had on these... Blue pearl type

7588ac98-1b80-4c6b-a94f-10ef1d699abe.jpg

I loved these Blue Diamonds... Most certainly would have snatched them up if I had anywhere to put them!

image-5.jpg

I also visited the Downtown Pets store in Chinatown, but don't have as many glowing things to say about their facilities, although they did have a tank of CRS and some nice smaller to nano-sized tanks.