Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 dimmable

I have a 12" planted plus. It grows plants well, but I do find that it gets a bit hot!

Mine gets a little hot too, but I haven't noticed any substantial evaporation in my tank which is good. I really like the new planted plus fixture that was just released. Check it out on amazon! The features are pretty cool and the price is pretty much the same as the original planted plus. I have had mine since December and have only been running it for a month total. I really like the light and am considering selling mine and getting the new fixture. I wanted to see if anyone has tried it out yet and liked the new features.

I preordered the new 48" model on Amazon to change out the fluorescent bulb my 75g came with but have yet to receive it. I have the regular planted+ on a 5.5g (two) and one on a 20g long. I want to buy the new fixtures for a 10g and 20g high but they won't ship for 1-3 months which is just ridiculous so I'll just wait a little longer. I prefer using two fixtures for higher light plants and to really bring the red out.

I have noticed quite a bit of evaporation in my 5.5g but it's running two fixtures so it is to be expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O pre-ordered a 36" on May 7th from Amazon. I received an email from them yesterday stating that the delivery date is now June 1 - August 1. :(

I'm in no hurry.

So it is dimmable? 

The answer to this is yes and no.

The 24/7 functionality is not dimmable or editable.  You just press a button closest to your current time and the light goes on a preset timer and light function.

If you are willing to give up the 24/7 functionality the light has 3 or 4 memory slots where you can store custom white, red, green, and blue settings.  The memory slots can be dimmable by editing the white color settings.

I have two 24" models.  What questions can I answer for you

First, hows your plant growth? Are you having any problems with algae suspended in the water? My current fixture is really bright. Do your fixtures get very hot? Do you use the 24/7 setting?

Overall, how do you like the fixtures?

First, hows your plant growth? Are you having any problems with algae suspended in the water? My current fixture is really bright. Do your fixtures get very hot? Do you use the 24/7 setting?

Overall, how do you like the fixtures?

All great questions. I've had it for less then a week and I just put plants in today. I feel like I would need a few weeks at least to be able to get a real impression of the lights.

I can say they don't seem to get very hot. They do appear to be able to get quite bright on the max setting.

I'm excited to hear what you think of them! I really want sell my current fixture and purchase the new one!

All great questions. I've had it for less then a week and I just put plants in today. I feel like I would need a few weeks at least to be able to get a real impression of the lights.

I can say they don't seem to get very hot. They do appear to be able to get quite bright on the max setting.

• 4 weeks later...

How do you like your light fixture so far? Any updates on plant growth or your overall thoughts on the product?

How do you like your light fixture so far? Any updates on plant growth or your overall thoughts on the product?

Ok so here's my update. Depending on how you want to use the light it could be awesome. As an alter to the planted+ it is a great light. You can set the intensity save it to memory and adjust as needed without altering the height of the light.

As a 24/7 unit it kinda sucks. So I tried to use the 24/7 function and there are a few flaws with it.

1) You cannot alter the time or intensity of the 24/7 function. It is a preset.

2) If the unit gets turned off or loses power it resets itself.

I went for 4 days on vacation and I guess my house had a power outage. Returned to an aquarium full of algae.

My conclusion is that as a light it's cool but the 24/7 function is gimmicky unless you want to pay for a battery backup.

Ok so here's my update. Depending on how you want to use the light it could be awesome. As an alter to the planted+ it is a great light. You can set the intensity save it to memory and adjust as needed without altering the height of the light.

As a 24/7 unit it kinda sucks. So I tried to use the 24/7 function and there are a few flaws with it.

1) You cannot alter the time or intensity of the 24/7 function. It is a preset.

2) If the unit gets turned off or loses power it resets itself.

I went for 4 days on vacation and I guess my house had a power outage. Returned to an aquarium full of algae.

My conclusion is that as a light it's cool but the 24/7 function is gimmicky unless you want to pay for a battery backup.

Thank you for the update! Sounds like a decent light overall!