filter for 10 gallon shrimp tank

I currently have this filter in my 10 gallon shrimp tank (amano shrimp only).

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies/filters/top-fin-multi-stage-internal-filter-zid36-20868/cat-36-catid-300088?var_id=36-20868&_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26pfmvalue%3Dfaceted

I will be replacing it with a matten filter in a month or so.  Will it be ok for the juvies I am getting later this week?

It has a large block sponge that covers the impeller, however the pores in the sponge are fairly large.  I don't think it will be a problem for the size shrimp I will be getting. Do you think it would be ok if I use it as a backup or possibly another tank in the future?  I wouldn't want to suck any babies up!

I currently have this filter in my 10 gallon shrimp tank (amano shrimp only).

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies/filters/top-fin-multi-stage-internal-filter-zid36-20868/cat-36-catid-300088?var_id=36-20868&_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26pfmvalue%3Dfaceted

I will be replacing it with a matten filter in a month or so.  Will it be ok for the juvies I am getting later this week?

It has a large block sponge that covers the impeller, however the pores in the sponge are fairly large.  I don't think it will be a problem for the size shrimp I will be getting. Do you think it would be ok if I use it as a backup or possibly another tank in the future?  I wouldn't want to suck any babies up

Use womans tights around the sponge or even the whole filter,that will make it baby shrimp safe .