Tank temp for Caridina Shrimp

What is the ideal temperature for the keeping and breeding of crystal red shrimp and Taiwan bee shrimp? I currently keep my tanks between 72.5 and 73.5. I noticed when my temps were around 75 I had more berried females, however I noticed that my shrimp have been more active since lowering the temps.

You have the right handle on it. 72 ish seems to be ideal. Higher encourages breeding lower encourages lifespan. Depends on your goals. I used to do 72 now I'm higher...forgot maybe 75ish.

I find more activity at the higher temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my PRL and Taiwan Bee tanks at between 72-74 F. As Robo stated though the lower the temperatures the longer their life span. The higher the temperatures the shorter their lifespans, but higher rates of breeding. Cold water can hold more dissolved oxygen than warm water, and fresh water can hold more dissolved oxygen than salt water.

I keep my TB and pinto  at 76-77 for breeding purposes all my females give birth at 25-30 days.

i keep crs in the summer at 77-78F and winter at 71-72, yes they breed faster .