Lifespan

Roborep1

Sorry if this has been covered but what is the average lifespan for a Crystal Shrimp?

Realizing several factors affect this just looking for a spread. I lost an adult shrimp today that was not breed by me so I have no idea the age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't really directly measured it, but what I have read out on the web from others seems to indicate roughly 2 years.  Possibly longer if they are kept in cooler temps, less if they are kept in warmer temps which can help promote more breeding. Generally, I have larger colonies in my tanks, and unless one really stuck out as unusual markings, I wouldn't be able to tell if it passed on to the great shrimp tank of old age or not.  If you were doing selective breeding, and had small, manageable colonies, you could document much better.  Anyway, I think if you are seeing them go roughly to the 2 year mark, that is probably pretty good and what to expect in a controlled habitat.