Shrimp Daddy Products

Amyers22

So I've been reading a lot of good reviews on these products. My questions is for those of you that use these products which products do you specifically use? How often do you use them? Are there any other brands or products you use in conjunction with these products? For example I use Mosura TDS up and MK Blue Diamond to remineralize my water and I really like these products. Which shrimp daddy products could I use in conjunction with these?

I use Shrimpy Daddy products. They are a comprehensive system and are designed to work best in conjunction with all the components. The only other "product" I use is Bacter AE. There is a schedule for dosing the SD products and the amount depends on your water volume (not tank volume). Some are dosed daily and others weekly. 

I’m glad you’ve been hearing/reading a lot of good reviews on the products. I’m glad the word is spreading. It’s been a long time coming as he has been developing his products for personal use way, way, before he started selling it and introducing it to the NA demographic. As one of the first (in NA) to have access and gotten a chance to try out SD’s lineup, I feel like I’ve had a pretty good grasp of the products. I feel confident my knowledge is sufficient to share and help others.

To answer your question and give you a better idea of what to expect from his products, I’ll share a little insight.

Originally, SD frequented ShrimpNow Forums and that is where I originally reached out to him for assistance. He was the resident “Guru” I should say. I saw from his in-depth observations and detailed analysis of certain problems and knew instantly he was the go to guy for my questions.

So I started off using stuff most of us are already using or have used in the past. Stuff like Salty Shrimp GH+, Mosura, Shirakura, etc.. All that O.G. Shrimper stuff. Having gone from trying to keep shrimps and failing miserably (pre. Commercially available mineralizers we have today) and then switching to stuff like Salty Shrimp GH+ and experiencing great success, I was left with a HUGE sense of accomplishment. So shrimps were breeding and living, great. But like most of us, the sense of accomplishment slowly dried up and I sought other means of improving upon what I already knew and had. Hence I sought a new way to better improve my shrimp keeping experience. Insert, ShrimpNow and googling of this “Hyoushoku” and finding his personal blogger, Shrimpy Daddy. More reading and learning, I was left with a sense that I needed to reach out to this man. PMs and convos later I had some minerals arriving at my doorstep (free of charge and post) with tons of instructions on how to dose, what to expect, and misc. instructions on how to handle my rampant algae issues.

What I received in the mail was SD’s Revive Minerals and Revive Vivace. What I dose was Revive Minerals and Revive Vivace. What I experienced (of which I’ve documented in pictures on much older posts) was a HUGE improvements in the coloration of my Blue Bolts and Shadow Pandas. What was white area with tiny specks of blue became vibrant blue. What was a dull black became a shiny black reminiscent of a well polish piece of armor. It was shiny and so deep. Basically, I had an ugly duckling into beautiful swan moment. All this time, I was still using Salty Shrimp GH+ as my mine mineralizer (of course, a huge container for dirt cheap prices that would last years, why not??!?)

After experiencing the massive success with SD’s Minerals, I knew that was it and that I needed to get my hands on his other stuff (He has his Bianco Minerals and other stuff at this time). This is not to say I wasn’t or didn’t already have experience with other “mineral” supplements. I had tried Borneo Wild, Shirakua and Mosura Mineral Supplements and those never worked. Well.. maybe not never.. but didn’t live up to my expectations or justification of price. How many folks have excess products sitting in their stands or fish areas half used? Anyways, A couple of packages later and some time passed, I got my hands on his personal mineralizers and foods (yepp… he makes foods as well..) and I was well on my way to being fully decked out with SD products.

Now, I have MOST of my tanks switched over to the Bianco Mineralizers. Few tanks reminded still using the Salty Shrimp GH+ but that is because I’m too lazy to reset the tank, and what would I do with a 1000g container nearly 80% full. My NA mindset got the best of me when I decided to go large and save money. ALL my tanks are dosed with the Revive Minerals and Revive Vivace (on rotating weeks) and it works great. Interestingly, I do notice that tanks setup fully with the SD lineup have shrimps that behave much differently than those with the Salty Shrimps. My SD tanks have shrimps that are more “brave” than those using the Salty Shrimp. They’re more actively swimming around and roaming. They aren’t as skittish when I’m around.

Is it common to mix MK x Mosura TDS up? I’ve never done that and it seems strange to me that a product is designed and produce only to need to be mixed. And mixed with an off-brand product not relating to its own line. For SD Mineralizers, I dose per instructions and it hits my TDS, GH, and KH (Gamma for Tigers), exactly or nearly exactly each and every time (this is common amongst liquid mineralizers). I’ll always have a +/- of 15-20 TDS when using the Salty Shrimps.

Long story short, I would say Revive Minerals and Revive Vivace are both good entry products. Once you use it, see results, and open up to it, then you can get more. I’ve fully embraced the SD lineup and so I have everything.

Disclaimer: I do serve as SD’s NA logistics. I fulfill his orders similarity to how Amazon fulfills their vendor’s orders. Just wanted to be open and clear as to have folks know. Maybe because I am his logistics partner, I may be bias. Who knows. Anywhose, my wordy and very long 2 cents.

Here is my go at it, as a newcomer to Shrimpin'.

After I figure out that its actually Shrimpy Daddy....thats Shrimpy with a Y, and I stop getting all the Bar-B-Q results in my google search, we start to get somewhere... :D

Revive Bianco Alfa+Beta <= Two separate bottles apparently.  Remineralized (For Caridina Shrimp as this buffers the water to 5.8pH)  Use Revive Bianco Gamma to raise the pH higher for NeoCaridina.

KH Adjusting: Revive Bianco Gamma.  (What I personally don't like about Gamma, is that IF you have to use Gamma, you need to add it to your water 8hrs ahead of time and run it in a bucket with an air stone prior to adding the Alfa and Beta)  I'm lazy, and want quick and instant.

Revive Colore: Trace Minerals and beneficial bacteria food that is added to the water column. (One to two drops daily) (I compare this to MK Breed Gold Powder or SL Aqua Miracle Powder)  They appear to have similar end results, healthier, more colorful shrimp, and a healthy colony of beneficial bacteria.

Revive Minerals: Same as Colore, but used as a longer term solution, requiring less dosing. (Once a Week)  (I compare these to MK Breed Life Balls ect...)

Revive Vita: Probiotic bacteria supplement.  (MK Breed Z-Silver, SL Aqua Purify)

Revive Vivace: Meant to replace the biofilm that is consumed by the shrimp on the substrate and plants.  (MK Breed Red/Black Diamond??,SL Aqua TM-1, SL Aqua Vitality?)

With that said, everyone seems to have the same stuff, that does the same thing.  Mosura, Borneo Wild, etc.  You can't really go wrong with whatever products you select.

In your scenario Amanda, you would want the Alfa+Beta (if you just have Caridina) and the Gamma if you keep NeoCaridina.  Since you're using the Mosura TDS up, which is supposed to raise the TDS without affecting GH/KH, I'm not sure what you would use.

How much will it cost you??  Example: Lets say you have a 60L tank (15 gallons) with roughly 48L of water volume (12 gallons)  - per their example on their website.

• $22.00 of Revive Bianco Alfa+Beta will last you 250 weeks (125 water changes, with water changes every 2 weeks)  That appears to be a LONG time, and well worth the $22.00

• Revive Colore: $16.00 Will last you 125 days. (x3 for a years supply)

• Revive Minerals: $19.00 will last you 180 weeks

• Revive Vita: $18.00 will last you 150 days (x3 for a years supply)

• Revive Vivace: $19.00 will last you 150 weeks.

• The Sinewy Cereal S: $15 will last  you 140 weeks.

Considering there are 52 weeks in a year, a 1 year supply will cost you $177.00 ($14mo per 15gallon tank).  Your second and third year will only cost $102.00 ($8.50mo per 15 gallon tank) as you should only need to restock on Vita and Colore.

Mathematically I don't know how that compares to MK Breed / SL Aqua / BorneoWild / Mosura / ect....

Does any of that make sense?

Someone do the math on another regiment.   :D

Thank you guys so much for sharing your advice and experiences. I do believe I'm going to have to order a few products to try out and go from there. Your explanations have really given me good insight on the value of the products.

I really want to try out SD products, I have ten 10 gallon tanks to setup, cost is scaring me though. Are there larger bottles available?

I really want to try out SD products, I have ten 10 gallon tanks to setup, cost is scaring me though. Are there larger bottles available?

That's just very hard to do. Off the bat, you're looking at 80-100gal of tank water (10x10gal). That in itself is a tremendous amount of tanks. It's be hard to find value from anything in liquid form.

Cost alone, I spent nearly $1000.00 just setting up 6x 10gal. That's me doing it my way, no cost cutting.

Not trying to dissuade you from trying it, but it's hard to expect value from any product when you have a mini shrimp in your home.

But to answer your question - Currently we don't have special sizes. Shipment is very precise as we are trying our very best to cut cost and give back to customers. It wouldn't be feasible to custom make a few extra large size bottles for our more enthusiastic shrimpers.

SD bottles and bag each and every product. This means he buys in volume his resealable bags and bottles.

I just ordered the revive vivance,revive minerals and revive colore. I will try them on my Taiwan bee tank that I remineralize with salty shrimp gh. Is this a good way to try them out for the first time or have I misunderstood? Should I see a noticeable improvement in color doing this?

I just ordered the revive vivance,revive minerals and revive colore. I will try them on my Taiwan bee tank that I remineralize with salty shrimp gh. Is this a good way to try them out for the first time or have I misunderstood? Should I see a noticeable improvement in color doing this?

Yes. In a month or two, you'll notice the difference.

That's exactly what I plan on doing to start.

Are you running a shrimp farm? 10 x 10G tank is a lot. Generally, I will not recommend people to use all my products on all type of shrimps unless they find it affordable. If you want to be cost saving, you should use them only on higher-end shrimp or shrimp that you love the most. There are some of my products that last very long, such as Revive Minerals, Revive Vivace and The SInewy Cereal S. There is a reason why most of my products come in small pack. All of them are preserved naturally, thus they have much shorter shelf-life than most commercial products that are using strong preservative. 

Given said that, I do supply large bottle (2 to 5L bottle) to shops and farms. They are for large-scale breeding and may not be suitable for just 10 tanks. Especially you can't finish it before it expire.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the responses. Sorry for not being active for awhile, it was because I just changed to a new job that sucks up all my time (maybe I should change job again as it has permitted me to contribute more to the shrimp community). :(

I do have three curious questions to ask everyone who are already using my products. Hope that you all can answer me :) :

1. Each set of Revive Bianco is enough to treat 600L (150G) of water. With my regime, you only need to change 10% of water once every 2 weeks. If your tank has been cycled, you will only need to use 4ml (2.6% of the 150ml) for 100L (25G) tank every month. In this case, each set will last you approximately 37 month. Is this still consider expensive given it's positive effect and it's dosing conveniency?
  2. Although Revive Colore is packed in a small 50ml bottle (the reason for small bottle is to help reducing the shipping charges), each bottle contains as much nutrients as a 500ml liquid plant fertiliser or more. In addition, the materials used are either for human consumption or laboratory grade plus they are designed specifically for shrimp. The price is tagged as the same as the liquid fertiliser in order to ensure everyone pays the same price and will get more benefits. Surprisingly, I was seeing people comment about it is expensive. Is it because no one compare it in the way I just explained or you think that trace nutrients are not beneficial for shrimp?
  3. Most people experienced shrimp death during water change and had resorted drip in the new water. This is because of newly mixed water (RO + salts) is very aggressive and will kill shrimp (pH fluctuation and ions are not in full equilibrium). Instead of like commercial product hided the truth, I advise people to pre-mix the water for at least one to two days then you can change the water without dripping. By advising the correct method and may look troublesome but will ensure shrimp survival, does it make you think that the products are more inferior than others?

Your response is much appreciated and it will help in my product design in the future, especially when come to choosing of material's quality and also the information to be put on my website.

Cheers.

Shrimpy Daddy

Are you running a shrimp farm? 10 x 10G tank is a lot.

Not a farm, I want to selective breed a few varieties and experiment with some crossbreeding.

You make a good point in using it in the higher end tank. I was thinking of using your products in all the tanks for consistency and ease of ordering/scheduling doses (easier to do with one regimen for all the tanks as apposed to one for some and another for the rest).