Whats eating my frogbit and how to get rid of it?

Aiko

so my frogbit is getting eaten but tiny aquatic bug things I have no idea what they are how do I stop them they are far too small to get a photo of anyone have any idea how I can stop them I rinsed off the frogbit a few days ago but there are still a few of them left.

I don't have an answer for you but are they super tiny and dark coloured? Do they sit on top of the frogbit most of the time?

If they're the same type I had on my frogbit in my 5g, I noticed that they disappeared once I bought a better LED light. I don't know for sure but it leads me to believe that perhaps the frogbit itself wasnt getting enough light/nutrients and was dying. Therefore the bugs that appeared were just eating the decaying frogbit.

Just a guess though.

they are little dark critters but they are under the frogbit in the roots eating it from the underside up, the frogbit has been doing wonderful until the critters showed up, with them eating the leaves and the roots my frogbit is now dying