Are they infected!?

d0pey

F8mbYX3.jpg

HUxTCKZ.jpg

Yesterday I had two OEBT adults die along with one fire red adult.. I went ahead and bought a breeder box and quarantined the Tigers.. I also added a lot of IAL in the tank and cut up two and tossed It in the breeder box as well.. I have some berried shrimps and I'm trying not to add any paraguard. Any advice appreciated!

Having kept these over the years (they are one of my favorite shrimps) I can tell you they get bacterial infections sooo easy and die on you.  You can have a mixed tank and they will be the only ones dying (who knows why)  If you can isolate them I would (your breeder box is a good idea, but the water flows back into your main tank, so not sure if that's a good thing) If you could put them in a small 2.5 gallon tank alone that would be better, then you could try some antibiotic medicine to see if that would help.  I often use Methylene blue (used to keep fungus off eggs)  Its not an ideal situation, but if they have something truly infectious, it could pass to your other shrimps and you'd lose them too.

Hopefully your berried gal can survive this. 

Honestly we need for you to check water parameters immediately to figure out what the problem is. I would never jump to the conclusion it is an infection unless I tested my water and noticed everything spot on. I had amazing success with OEBT, I bred them constantly without fail in my Taiwan Bee tank, all OEBT molted well, thus berried females constantly.

Let's start with water parameters to ensure her surviveability.

Having kept these over the years (they are one of my favorite shrimps) I can tell you they get bacterial infections sooo easy and die on you. You can have a mixed tank and they will be the only ones dying (who knows why) If you can isolate them I would (your breeder box is a good idea, but the water flows back into your main tank, so not sure if that's a good thing) If you could put them in a small 2.5 gallon tank alone that would be better, then you could try some antibiotic medicine to see if that would help. I often use Methylene blue (used to keep fungus off eggs) Its not an ideal situation, but if they have something truly infectious, it could pass to your other shrimps and you'd lose them too.

Hopefully your berried gal can survive this.

I do have a 2 gallon tank but it hasn't been cycled yet. I also don't have any spare soil unfortunately :(. Here are my parameters...

Ph: 6.8

Kh: 0

Gh: 6

Temp: 73-78

I do have a 2 gallon tank but it hasn't been cycled yet. I also don't have any spare soil unfortunately :(. Here are my parameters...

Ph: 6.8

Kh: 0

Gh: 6

Temp: 73-78

What about ammo, nitrite, nitrate, TDS ?

Looks like your parameters are geared more toward Caradina Shrimp (outside of the higher pH).

From what I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, you want:

KH: to be around 4-8. (You're at zero)

GH: to be around 6-10 (you're on the low end)

TDS: seems to be a large range here, 100-200, with most people preferring closer to 200.

Temps are good.

If you're using tap water, in an area with water restrictions, you could be having some crazy water fluctuations too. If you're using RODI water and remineralizing, I wouldn't worry too much about the source water.

Try bringing up the GH/KH/TDS a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't look like infection too me. 

I had two TBs die (still young) after them all being fine for two months, then the rest were good for another month, then one died again. All parameters tested fine, expect nitrates were around 40pm so I'm hoping that was the problem. But nitrates are low when this last one died. Maybe they get stressed and die later on?

Looks like your parameters are geared more toward Caradina Shrimp (outside of the higher pH).

From what I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, you want:

KH: to be around 4-8. (You're at zero)

GH: to be around 6-10 (you're on the low end)

TDS: seems to be a large range here, 100-200, with most people preferring closer to 200.

Temps are good.

If you're using tap water, in an area with water restrictions, you could be having some crazy water fluctuations too. If you're using RODI water and remineralizing, I wouldn't worry too much about the source water.

Try bringing up the GH/KH/TDS a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are with my crs/bb/bkk.. They are all doing fine and as you can see that OEBT even berried. I kept

My parameters pretty similar to the buyers water too. It was just strange seeing them die out like that :(