Fire Red color

BradH

Here are my PFR's that I just got. PeeWee to Adult in this shot. PFR is just a grade up from what you have, where they get an opaque shell as they mature. Your Fire Reds won't get the opaque shell, thats all. Coloring should be similar outside of the Adult.

There are three newborn shrimp too in this pic. :)

c62990957fe943f715a818515a89709f.jpg

Brad, many "Fire Red" shrimp are born bright, and substantially much more colored than a normal RCS. As Faralon said they will only get better with age, their shells should become more dense and opaque. You will also notice their legs starting to color up more as they mature as well.

Thanks for the replies. I just got them on Friday and they were not much color to them, but after looking today, they have definitely colored up. I'm still not sold on them being fire reds, but I guess time will tell. Right now they look more like Sakura to me. I really hope they are fire reds though! I've been wanting them for a long time!

Yeah, it's hard since very few LFS's sell high grade shrimp. Due to that, most of us are unable to physically view the shrimp in the tank before we purchase them, so we're at the mercy of the seller. I purchased 10 PFR's via a recommendation here on the forum. Sofar, I can only claim 1 as PFR, and the others run the entire spectrum from regular cherry all the way up. This was a decent chart I found. Compliments to cherry shrimp.net

3f7af019c81f439c2c8e58e9b703792c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk