20 gallon long Caridina tank using Shrimpy Daddy Products

Amyers22

Before I post my update I would like to say that Shrimpy Daddy provided me with many hours of communication and advice regarding my shrimp. I had some initial deaths and he took the money from my product order and bought me a fluval HOB filter to help with my tank which was extremely nice of him and I'm very thankful.

When creating products reviews are necessary. They allow for improvements to be made. Here are my observations:

In the first week I lost several shrimp which I anticipated because Shrimpy Daddy told me the unhealthy shrimp may die. After week three I had lost almost 20 adult shrimp. And to date (a month and six days after reset) I have lost 30 adult shrimp and around 90 babies (less than 5% shrimplet survival). I know for a fact that the majority of these shrimp were healthy and thriving before the reset. They had many successful molts and many berries.

Some of my shrimp started to lose their color so Shrimpy Daddy suggested a potassium supplement. I continued to have deaths. I followed dosing instructions to the best of my ability as well as having all the necessary elements of healthy tank. This last month has been catastrophic to my shrimp keeping and I'm extremely sad and disappointed. I am setting up two new tanks (1 for remaining PRL and 1 for the few TBs left) I will be using different conditioners for these setups and ADA aqua soil.

With all that being said I whole heartedly believe Shrimpy Daddy had positive intentions for my tank and helped me to the best of his knowledge. His products just did not lead to success in my tank. I may try using only the Revive colore in the future, but for now I am going to use what has worked best in the past in the hopes of rebuilding my shrimp population.

I'm slowly trying to lower my GH (was 8). If anyone has any advice they can give me on what to do in the meantime while the other tanks are cycling to save my remaining shrimp I would appreciate it.

When I receive the filters for the new tanks (end of this week) I will start a new journal to document their progress.

Again I want to reiterate that I am thankful for Shrimpy Daddy's help and dedication to my tank. I am just extremely disappointed in the outcome.