Blue bolt turning brown

Loumeer

Well I would not say everything in the tank is going great. I recently lost a blue panda which I am assuming the amano ate because I didn't find her body.

The rest of the shrimp appear to be doing alright and I had a shrimp berry last week. So not sure if things are good or bad.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Your Nitrate is a bit High and that could explain Why ya blue bolt turn to brown.

To low it down, do some water change about 15% to 20% then remeasure Nitrate and see if it has low down or not...

Another thing, when do water change, I believe your tank is full cover with soil, you must siphonne it properly to remove all dirts and stuffs...

Regards,

Temp: 71-72
Ph: 6.4
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10mg/l
Kh: 0-1
Gh: 5

I hope you did a water reset. Pretty sure i remember SD saying you must do a water restart when switching reminerlizers.

I did not do a water reset. I don't understand how water remineralizer could have a heavy effect moving from one to another.

Your Nitrate is a bit High and that could explain Why ya blue bolt turn to brown.

To low it down, do some water change about 15% to 20% then remeasure Nitrate and see if it has low down or not...

Another thing, when do water change, I believe your tank is full cover with soil, you must siphonne it properly to remove all dirts and stuffs...

Regards,

Siphon the aquasoil?  Doesn't that go against everything ADA says?

I did not do a water reset. I don't understand how water remineralizer could have a heavy effect moving from one to another.

Different water remineralizers have different components that can react with each other negatively or overdose on elements that are required in small amounts.

If you do it very slowly and take ya time, you won't break it apart.

Therefore Your soil will be cleaner and nitrate amount will decrease.

Good luck with it! 

Siphon the aquasoil?  Doesn't that go against everything ADA says?