Hello!

EvilCheeseCake

Hello,

I had a shrimp tank about 6 years ago, but I had to get rid of it. I am in the process of moving into my new place and getting a new tank setup. I have been doing some research a lot of research and I have found so much more information than I had before. I've started ordering stuff for my tank already, but I am confused about what goes "under the substrate." I see different people using different things. I am going to use ADA amazonia substrate. Does anyone know where I can buy shrimp and supplies in socal? I've been ordering everything online.

Thanks

Hey Evil Cheesecake, welcome! I'm from SoCal too, I prefer buying all my shrimp supplies online since I've noticed that it's almost always cheaper than at local fish stores. However there are a lot of amazing shrimp breeders in LA for when you're ready to get your shrimp! Like BlueCrown or ShrimpRobot :)

Welcome EvilCheeseCake! We are glad to have you. Fortunately you have a lot of options in California, hopefully locally to you, but I will let them chime in.