OEBT/BTOE x Red Tiger shrimp?

1 hour ago, Vshrimp said:

Never done that cross but I've done RBTxTT which is a different type of tiger crossing. d306ddda656b563c6d37bc7d68331b2e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wow thats interesting though. Didnt expect that look to come from that crossing. Looks almost like a super tiger? Curious to whether if anyone has crossed with red tigers? 

• 2 months later...

I'm planning on crossing Wild-type tiger (like Super Tiger but not as large) with Red Tiger. 

I would expect that the Black and Red genes are on the same allele, with Black being dominant over red. So it should work like this;

Expression - Black Striped x Red Striped

Genes - Black/Black x red/red

Offspring should be;

50% Black/red - expressing as Black Striped

50% red/Black - expressing as Black Striped

Then one of those back to Red parents;

Black/red x red/red

Giving offspring;

50% Black/red - expressing as Black Striped

50% red/red - expressing as Red Striped. 

The same works for Orange eye, which is recessive. So Orange eye would be present but hidden in all of the first cross. depends what you do next on the cross back.

Now... what about Blue..... how does blue work? Is it the flesh or the shell that is affected? I don't know this answer.   I am expecting blue is recessive and that it is probably 2 or 3 genes combined producing different shades of blue.

Anyone got thoughts?

I'm planning on crossing Wild-type tiger (like Super Tiger but not as large) with Red Tiger. 

I would expect that the Black and Red genes are on the same allele, with Black being dominant over red. So it should work like this;

Expression - Black Striped x Red Striped

Genes - Black/Black x red/red

Offspring should be;

50% Black/red - expressing as Black Striped

50% red/Black - expressing as Black Striped

Then one of those back to Red parents;

Black/red x red/red

Giving offspring;

50% Black/red - expressing as Black Striped

50% red/red - expressing as Red Striped. 

The same works for Orange eye, which is recessive. So Orange eye would be present but hidden in all of the first cross. depends what you do next on the cross back.

Now... what about Blue..... how does blue work? Is it the flesh or the shell that is affected? I don't know this answer.   I am expecting blue is recessive and that it is probably 2 or 3 genes combined producing different shades of blue.

Anyone got thoughts?

I agree with you on the OE as my cross of F1 (TTxRBT) x RBT off springs appeared to have OE. Some have normal eyes but most have OE. Now for color. I'm getting OE clear shrimplets, OE blue shrimplets, and blue shrimplets. Don't have any pics of them yet cause they're pretty small and newborns. Pertaining to colors on the blue shrimplets. They are more translucent than opaque like OEBT. My guess is shrimps with OE tend to not have opaque colors or and no whites as you can see on others variants of OE shrimps that are popping up in the market.

On the color of stripes. If it follows the same laws as the Mendel's Law of inheritance then yes. From my experience with my own breeding projects it never works out that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk