sochting oxydator question

I was wondering if anyone used this, and can tell me how long your solution in the tank lasts, and if you have surface agitation or no?

My tank is 17 gallons, and I use the mini version and noticed that using ONE catalyst, it runs out in about a week... maybe 1.5 weeks. I read online some people getting up to 4 weeks and I am not sure why mine is burning out faster. My tank is 72 degrees.

I also read that if you use this unit, you do not want any surface agitation, because it will gas out the o2? Let me know, thanks!

Hello,

I use a 6% H2O2 solution for my oxydator. Yes, it only lasts me around a week or so. As for Surface Agitation, I have not noticed any difference in O2 Levels. Therefore, I always have Surface Agitation to prevent a film build-up on the Surface of the water.

On 2/18/2018 at 7:05 AM, JonRon said:

Hello,

I use a 6% H2O2 solution for my oxydator. Yes, it only lasts me around a week or so. As for Surface Agitation, I have not noticed any difference in O2 Levels. Therefore, I always have Surface Agitation to prevent a film build-up on the Surface of the water.

Gotcha, thank you.

For me, I am still using the mini bottle of h202 that it came with, and when I use 2 catalyst, it runs out rather quickly. It used up about 40-50% in only 2 days. Once I finish up using the given h202, I plan on mixing my own 6% solution to see if that lasts longer. At the rather of using 2 catalyst is going, it would burn up the solution in the mini in about 4-5 days, which seems a bit short

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 7:05 AM, JonRon said:

Hello,

Hey Jon,

Have you noticed any difference with or without the oxydator? Do you know why only using one ceramic piece, would last less than a week?

I have noticed with my lack of mantenance, when the oxydator runs out of H2O2. My Shrimp act sluggish. Once I refill, they go nuts like a cat on catnip. With the ceramic peace, or the Little rock Thing you put into the H2O2. Is it a tiny rock or a longer one? I have two tiny ones in each of mine.  One is old, other one is almost old. Saying that they do not produce so much bubbles.