Advice on tibee taiwans.

nicpapa

Hi there.

I will start a new project, have empty and cycled  tanks.

i want to buy tibee pintos and taiwans.

I ll put them for now in one tank , and after population increace i will seperate them,

Do you think the faster way to raise them is breed them with misclings?

i have crs and tangerine tigers .

What is the result of breeding pinto with a taiwan bee.?

Is the color of crs miscling red or black , play a role? with the colors?

Iwas thinking to buy , 10 pintos mix black , 10 pintos mix  red, 10 red taiwans and 10 black taiwans. 

What grades do you suggest to buy  ?

The seller have prices with the grades... if i get the lower grades , then can i get beter of those ?

Also in what F you get more taiwans , ( taiwan x miscling) , in f2 or later f 6....

I know for f2 , but breeder say for f6...

Hi Nicapa,

To answer a couple of your questions

if you breed a TB to crs/cbs you will get mischlings. Now if you take the female mischlings and breed them back to a TB you will get upto 50% TB and the say 50% more michlings F2.

say you breed the F2 mischling females back again to TB males you will get a higher. % of TBs, yet again you will get mischlings F3. If you keep on doing this for the next couple of generations....female mischlings with TB males you will get a even higer % TBs in say F6.

now the mischlings will look either like crs/cbs, but you will get more cbs as black is the dominent gene.

if you breed pintos to TBs, the same will happen as breeding TBs to crs/cbs

as in you will get normal rkk, bkk, blue bolts, but they carry the pinto gene. If you cross them back to pinto, you will start seeing some pinto babies in the next generations

maybe try and get diffirent grades and pattern of TBs, like, red panda, rkk, extreme and with black as you will get more varried patterns from TBs

I have 2 only pinto tanks, red and black pintos and the black pintos throw around 30% blue bolt babies and the red pintos throw around 30% rkk babies.

i dont think they will ever breed 100% true. 

Maybe I am wrong, but this is what I have found in my tanks

i seperate the pinto mischlings aka TBs with pinto genes with cull pinto males.....I still need to see what comes of this for them to breed, but the female TBs should throw out more pintos and then also TB mischlings

hope I have answered some of your questions

13 hours ago, Maurice said:

Hi Nicapa,

To answer a couple of your questions

if you breed a TB to crs/cbs you will get mischlings. Now if you take the female mischlings and breed them back to a TB you will get upto 50% TB and the say 50% more michlings F2.

say you breed the F2 mischling females back again to TB males you will get a higher. % of TBs, yet again you will get mischlings F3. If you keep on doing this for the next couple of generations....female mischlings with TB males you will get a even higer % TBs in say F6.

now the mischlings will look either like crs/cbs, but you will get more cbs as black is the dominent gene.

if you breed pintos to TBs, the same will happen as breeding TBs to crs/cbs

as in you will get normal rkk, bkk, blue bolts, but they carry the pinto gene. If you cross them back to pinto, you will start seeing some pinto babies in the next generations

maybe try and get diffirent grades and pattern of TBs, like, red panda, rkk, extreme and with black as you will get more varried patterns from TBs

I have 2 only pinto tanks, red and black pintos and the black pintos throw around 30% blue bolt babies and the red pintos throw around 30% rkk babies.

i dont think they will ever breed 100% true. 

Maybe I am wrong, but this is what I have found in my tanks

i seperate the pinto mischlings aka TBs with pinto genes with cull pinto males.....I still need to see what comes of this for them to breed, but the female TBs should throw out more pintos and then also TB mischlings

hope I have answered some of your questions

So your opinion for the faster way, is breeding with mischlings?

Thanls a lot for your explanation, it help to understand ....