Caridina Shrimp in Neo Parameters

Wondering if you guys could give me some advice on whether to buy some CBS/CRS shrimp.  My tank is a fully cycled and planted 75 gallon tank.  I use RO water only, remineralized with SaltyShrimp GH/KH+, and the substrate is Black Diamond blasting grit (inert).  pH is around 7 and TDS is steady at 250.  I don't test for KH and GH because I don't trust any of the test kits.  I was considering buying some caridina shrimp, and these are the parameters of the tank that they'd be coming from:

PH: 6.2~6.5
TDS: 150~180
Substrate: ADA amazonia soil

With a prolonged acclimation process, could the caridina shrimp not only survive but thrive in my tank's parameters?  Would doing water changes to get my TDS down to 150~180 help? 

I'm fully aware that conventional wisdom says no, just figured I'd ask. 

If you drop your TDS to 150-180 and your pH to mid 6, sure! In that case, use SS GH, no KH.

Otherwise no, they will die. Some fast, some slow, but your colony will very likely dwindle away.

Cardinal shrimp aren't as fragile as some think. I have 9 tanks with everything from Galaxy Pintos, BB, to KK and CRS. Half of my tanks run CO2 and can swing from 6.2pH to 7pH, sometimes my tanks can get away from me and next thing I know my TDS IS 375, or GH is around 16, something always seems to pop up. 

Point being that I rarely ever see any deaths except for an occasional accident, but other than that my shrimp are happy healthy and breeding like mad as of lately. 

What I am trying to say is if you want to get some caridinas you should definitely do it, it changed the entire hobby for me and I want others to experience that same thing.

You'll be fine! 👍

2 hours ago, cdaJiv said:

Cardinal shrimp aren't as fragile as some think. I have 9 tanks with everything from Galaxy Pintos, BB, to KK and CRS. Half of my tanks run CO2 and can swing from 6.2pH to 7pH, sometimes my tanks can get away from me and next thing I know my TDS IS 375, or GH is around 16, something always seems to pop up. 

Where did you get your stocks? That’s really impressive.

I’ve tried moving shrimp from neo to card parameters and back several times and most of the time they all just die off within a couple weeks. Best case scenario, most of them die but some manage to berry and the shrimplets survive in the new parameters. It’s a stressful race against time as you watch your shrimp die off one by one.

I can't tell you where I get mine but I can definitely sell you some...

TBs (BKK, RKK, BB, Stripe/Pandas/Mosura/Extremes; CRS/CBS and PRL/PBL); Pintos (Red/Black, Belly/Zebra, Galaxies, Fishbone); Tangerine Tigers; Fancy Tigers; Super Reds; Stardust; Various OE species, and of course an array of Neocaridinas, Rilis, and Cardinal Shrimp.

I keep my neos and my crystal reds together in a high tech tank running co2 during the photoperiod same type of tank I keep my CBS and TT in. My crystals breed like crazy and many of the shrimplets survive and grow up to breed themselves. I've had luck recently cross breeding too which I heard was difficult to accomplish in these parameters but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk