Questions about one of my ghost shrimp

BlakeWiles

Hello I’m new to Shrimp and fish keeping I got a 38gallon tank for my Tetras and Ghost Shrimp and I noticed one of my shrimp has white stuff along the inside of his or her tail,”which none of my other shrimp have or have had” I’ve had them all for about two months and this is the first time I’m seeing this on one of them. Do any of you more experienced members of shrimp keeping know what this is at first I thought it might be eggs but I’m not to sure. a9942cb0bb3f6f12b9ca63d306dd8b08.jpgThis is him or her. Also he or she has been eating a lot lately and is much more active. f652644850ba756723a8ee1bf428e7e0.jpg and this is one of my other ones which looks like the rest of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome BlakeWiles to the ShrimpSpot.

the small circular cluster in the segment behind her head, is what shrimpers refer to as a saddle. It where the eggs are stored before fertilization. Like an ovary. So looks like you have a mature female. I have not kept ghost shrimp before but I think they require a brackish environment to hatch.

Welcome BlakeWiles to the ShrimpSpot.
the small circular cluster in the segment behind her head, is what shrimpers refer to as a saddle. It where the eggs are stored before fertilization. Like an ovary. So looks like you have a mature female. I have not kept ghost shrimp before but I think they require a brackish environment to hatch.

Thank you for the help Shrimporama I was a bit confused at this in the morning but now since you replied I don’t have to worry and I did look it up and they do need a brackish tank for the fry to survive so maybe I’ll set one up later, but thanks for the info man it is much appreciated.

When she is ready she will move her eggs to her swimmerets. My Amano,s do all the time in my plant tanks. No babies cause I don’t keep brackish tanks. Go to the archives as at least one shrimper has successfully raised Amano shrimp.

Good News I think she was only molting and now I see her carrying her first eggs. I’m so excited I noticed one other shrimp had a bit of white near his tail to but it wasn’t parasites I really think it was only molting. But I’m happy to say that my first batch off baby shrimps is on their way. I’m going to setup a small tank of brackish water for her so she can hatch them in their.