6.4 PH ok for TB?

I was wondering if a PH of 6.4 is ok for TBs? I've heard they like a more acidic environment and I just want to make sure they are happy.

I recently redid my TB/Mix tank and the PH is coming out to 6.4 for some reason. I used the same type of substrate, the only difference being color, and it was below 6 before.

If my water needs to be more acidic and the substrate doesn't lower the PH within a week. What would be the best way to lower my tanks PH and keep it stable?

Thanks

PH is a tricky thing especially when using RODI.  Dont know if you have been following this post http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/5051-you-guys-wont-believe-this-controsoil-continued/page-4#entry64971but you will understand there are many factors when it comes to changes in PH.   Read the post because there are some really good explanations regarding PH.

PH is a tricky thing especially when using RODI.  Dont know if you have been following this post http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/5051-you-guys-wont-believe-this-controsoil-continued/page-4#entry64971but you will understand there are many factors when it comes to changes in PH.   Read the post because there are some really good explanations regarding PH.

Yeah I've been following it loosely. Posted about my potential problem in there too haha. 

My understanding is that Brightwell and Controsoil are made by the same company, (Marfield?) so I figured maybe the issues Jaden is having could happen to me since I am using Brightwell.

I will keep an eye on my PH and see what it does. I wanted to use ADA, but didn't have the time/tanks to cycle it for the shrimp I already have.

I just thought it was weird since there was nothing added into the tank or too drastic of changes that would leave me to believe that my PH would be higher than it was before. Especially with a tank with a similar setup and the same gravel (that has been set up for over 6 months now) that has a lower ph. Doesn't make any sense to me.