White stuff growing on substrate

Hi all,

I am new to here and desperate to find out what is these white stuff been growing/spreading in my aquarium. The substrate is Fluval Stratum. I have neocaridina shrimp in it. All the chemical reading are perfect but I found out these white stuff on the gravel 2 days ago. My aquarium does not smell funky and it just has a very light earthy smell. There is no white fungus on the wood. All the shrimp are healthy and seems like the white stuff is not bothering them at all. But it sure does bother me lol

I am trying to figure out if anyone have similar experience and know what it is. Or how to address it.

Note: I dose the tank with Bacter AE daily, it almost look like the powder that did not dissolve. Since I use the glass dish to feed my shrimp, and where the glass dish sit on, does not have the white stuff. Just a guess, but aren't those should dissolve in the water?🧐

Thank you in advance!!! 🤗

20200412_205841.jpg

That's is, that is the bacter Ae bio film colonization ^_^, I guess your aquarium is new, no more than 6 month old, still a baby aquarium.

On 4/15/2020 at 4:24 AM, Cleeon said:

That's is, that is the bacter Ae bio film colonization ^_^, I guess your aquarium is new, no more than 6 month old, still a baby aquarium.

Yes! It is a baby aquarium. Been only 2 months. Since the gravel is Stratum and I cannot really clean it like other gravel. Will it disappear over time? Or do you have any recommendations to clear it up a little?

Btw, my shrimp started to breed and there are tons of baby shrimp swimming around in the aquarium so I do not want to use any harsh chemical 😖

I have been using the feeding thongs to fish some white stuff out these 2 days. But it is not gonna work since it is too much LOL

Thank you!!!🙂