Mandy's Aquarium Journal

BlueDream

Hello,

When I saw this section I was super excited. I have been wanting to track my two ten gallon tanks progress. I actually keep a written journal, but it will be so much nicer to be able to do it here with pictures to show the physical progression and perhaps get feedback along the way.

My name is Mandy and I am pretty new to the hobby in general. I started fish keeping a couple years back, and started keeping shrimp and planted tanks about 5 months now.

I have made a ton of mistakes along the way, and I'm  sure I'm still making plenty.

My first tank is a ten gallon and its been running for about 5 months. I will try to add multiple photos to show progression. This tank has a male peaceful betta, three mystery snails, pest snails, some detrus worms, and about 17 shrimp. 5 females currently berried. I am hoping since my PH is finally right for neos that the babies will survive this round.

I'm currently battling staghorn algea, and I'm pretty sure its because of lack of Co2 but I'm to afraid to play with that in regards to shrimp.

My second tank is ten gallons as well. Newly planted except for the red plants. I have a betta and two young mollies in there. (Molly's will be When I saw this section I was super excited. I have been wanting to track my two ten gallon tanks progress. I actually keep a written journal, but it will be so much nicer to be able to do it here with pictures to show the physical progression and perhaps get feedback along the way.

My name is Mandy and I am pretty new to the hobby in general. I started fish keeping a couple years back, and started keeping shrimp and planted tanks about 5 months now.

I have made a ton of mistakes along the way, and I'm sure I'm still making plenty.

My first tank is a ten gallon and its been running for about 5 months. I will try to add multiple photos to show progression. This tank has a male peaceful betta, three mystery snails, pest snails, some detrus worms, and about 17 shrimp. 5 females currently berried. I am hoping since my PH is finally right for neos that the babies will survive this round.

I'm currently battling staghorn algea, and I'm pretty sure its because of lack of Co2 but I'm to afraid to play with that in regards to shrimp.

My second tank is ten gallons as well. Newly planted except for the red plants. I have a betta and two young mollies in there. (Molly's will be moved to 20 gal soon.) No shrimp yet, bc I want to establish this tank and keep it consistent before adding shrimp.

For some reason it won't let me upload several pictures that I wanted to show my first tank beginning stages. Oh well.moved to 20 gal soon.) No shrimp yet, bc I want to establish this tank and keep it consistent before adding shrimp.

For some reason it won't let me upload several pictures that I wanted to show my first tank beginning stages. Oh well.

20210522_143856.jpg

20210522_143916.jpg

20210522_171141.jpg