My new Echinodorus opacus verde

High5's

It's fine and it was packed very well. Not only that I could have split it into two plant's out of the box. Last time I checked no one can control the weather and even if it got here dead Han would make it right.

It looks to me that the leaves on the right are melted so they'll eventually melt all the way but the other leaves look fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has two leaf spikes shooting out, the plant propagates by adventurous plantlets when a leaf die's it shoots out a leaf spike or the rhizome can shoot out a dormant plantlet can happen naturally or if the plant gets damaged could trigger new growth.

Yea I know how swords propagate but this is a baby plant and it doesn't lose such large leaves naturally like that but good luck with your new sword. They look very nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The large leave where from growth in a hi-tech t-5 co2 system when the plant was propagated. The new small growth is when it was moved to a shrimp tank , the two large leaves will probably melt away I'll still be left with 4 leaves and two spikes. If and when it dose drop the large leaves I should see new growth.

• 4 months later...

Echinodorus opacus verde is so beautiful. I think it's held my attention since seeing it the first time over on The Planted Tank by the 35shrimp guy who posted. The green colors and the vining it has is so gorgeous but the price tag and crazy root growth always held me back from buying. [emoji16]