Converted Garage into Shrimp Room

Aquarium Yorkshire

So Q3/Q4 2021 I started on my garage conversion into a Shrimp Breeding room as the conservatory was getting somewhat crowded with tanks and we decided to move them and use the conservatory for what it is :) 

So the first task was the leaking roof - this was left in place and thick boarding was installed on the roof external and secured to the roof metal joists. Then roofing material to make it water tight. Once I was happy the roof was a success it was time to seal the garage floor and get on with the interior.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Nice.

Why not consider heating and cooling the entire room instead of individual heaters? I've learned my lesson with heaters over the years and now have specific rooms for the neo's and caridina in one and the sulawesi in another.

I'm actually calculating the electrical consumption monthly for running the heaters, main air pump and a small extract fan when in summer period. This will let me see what I can utilise as a room heating/cool system to see if it's beneficial. The lights aren't an issue as I'm setting up some solar panels in summer to reduce the electrical load.

At the moment I only have 700watts maximum until I expand so not sure it's worth heating/cooling the room yet.

What heating/cooling system did you use for your room?