Has my fissidens kicked the bucket?

Desireenfh

Yellow usually means dead for moss. May be lack of nutrients as well.

That's what I figured, I have two other really nice pieces that do get fertilized. The tips on this one is still slightly green, I'll put it in my planted tank, at least the java fern is still ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your light is way too powerful. It's not lack of nutrients, it's the Finnex Planted+ frying the hell out of the moss. Move it to a very shaded area or swap the light. It'll recover.

Plants turn yellow under powerful light protect itself. I assume you're keeping shrimp in a moss type tank, so chasing the light by increasing co2 and Kno3 isn't an option. So reducing light or putting the moss under a very shaded spot is your best option.

I experienced this problem with my archea pc light even after I increased the distance between the light and tank top to about 12". I had to resort to blocking certain areas of the light with tint so reduce the intensity. Fissidens is slowly turning around and giving off that healthy green.

The light is there temporarily as it's going over my 29g as soon as I set it up. I was thinking of buying a marineland double bright for that tank since it's mostly moss in there.

I think I'll leave it in the tank and move it somewhere shady.

Thank you for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk