Traditional Nitrogen-fixing Bacteria vs Advance Probiotics

Shrimpy Daddy

Yup. I tested that too. It was recorded in my blog. That time I tested two stalks of narrow leaf Java fern.

The compound that the probiotic created are able to be absorb by plants. However, it is still not enough for 20% plant mass or tanks that has Purigen. As such, I'm dosing additional 1 to 2ppm of NO3 daily to my low light partial planted tank. :)

Yes, you do not need floater anymore. Floater will out compete trace nutrients with the shrimps.

When we combined the Revive Vita with Purigen, the water is crystal clear and NO3 never go above 1ppm (unless we dose ourselves). There is only one thing that people may not like. Although Revive Vita does not create thick biofilm that that to scrap every week, it forms clear biofilm on water surface. This will block some light from plants. However, It can be removed easily when changing water. In addition, the shrimp loves to swim up and eat it. Sump tank user will have to be careful and make sure the overflow is covered with sponge.

I think you're on to something. It hadn't occur to me but since dosing the Revive Vita to all my tanks, my weekly glass scrapping process have been eliminated. It's been... 2 months now and I haven't done any glassware cleaning or glass scrapping to remove pesky algae. I still do weekly-bimonthly waterchanges but it's just old water out and new water in. The process and time has been greatly improved and tanks have crystal clear water.

Actually, all the folks recently coming over to buy my shrimps comment on why my tanks is so crystal clear. I had chalked it off to the purigen but it could be a combination of purigen + Revive Vita working it's magic.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that this WOULD be a game changer consider how it's a probiotics that reduce Nitrates as compared to other probiotics or "bio-film" products reportedly increasing or contribution to nitrate build ups. Sort of best of both worlds scenario.

This is a very interesting that the probiotics reduce nitrate too. May you explain more on the mechanism of nitrate removal? From my my knowledge bacteria that breaks down nitrate is anoxic so they can only thrive in non-oxygen enviroment. I'm not sure if they are photophobic thought

This diagram from KEGG (Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genomes) will explain your question: http://www.genome.jp/kegg/pathway/lpl/lpl00910.png

Before you wanted to understand the nitrate removal, you may need to understand how microbial metabolism works first.