Got my new order of Salty GH+ today.

Doc4PC2

I got my new order of Bee Shrimp Salty GH+ today. Thank you and the other is out the door tomorrow.

In the new 10 gallon tank. I filled it with RO water, and used Colony which does not effect the TDS,

GH, or KH. I used the Salty Shrimp to get a reading of 109 TDS. I will leave it there to see if the

TDS goes up a little by itself.

I also noticed that the Tetra Safe Start does not affect the TDS, GH, or KH. I did not use it, but I tried

it with some RO Water, and Salty Shrimp. The RO water TDS was .001, and even when I put in the

Tetra Safe Start, the TDS was still .001.

So in the new Tank:

Temp is:   71 degrees F

TDS is:     109

GH is:       3 to 4

KH is:       zero to 1

PH is:       6.4 to 6.6

Substrate is Black Moon Sand on the bottom and a layer of Black inert Gravel

It has a dual Sponge Filter, and a Bio Wheel 100 HOB

It has a air stone, and side air tube, both are only on just a little

It has a piece of drift wood that is in a semi circle. Round on top, flat on the middle

and a small rock cave on the side.

Once I can get my hands on some moss, then the left side will be a moss lawn to cover

almost half of one side of the floor of the tank.

The Salty Shrimp GH+ minerals dissolved right away, it has a little measuring spoon inside the

container. It looks like sugar, only a touch smaller in grain size. I only used a 1/8 of a teaspoon

at a time. Put in a 1/8 of a teaspoon, waited, put in an 1/8, waited, put in 1/8, waited, put in 1/8

and waited. Waited an hour, put in 1/8 waited, put in 1/8 and waited an hour. I checked the TDS

each time when I put an 1/8 in, and after waiting 15 to 20 minutes. Finally I got to a TDS reading

of 105, I waited an hour, and got a TDS reading of 109. I waited two hours, and the TDS is still

reading 109. I'll check every day for about a week or two to see how stable it is or it if rises on

it's own. Otherwise I will take the TDS up to about 165 and try to keep it stable there.

It will have some plants at the back of the tank with the moss eventually, and will house

Crystal Red Shrimp, and Crystal Black Shrimp, and maybe a very tiny otto or two.

Awesome I am glad it finally showed up :).  I expect pictures at some point of the tank!

I have some great moss and plants coming, so after I get those in, I will post some photos of all three tanks.

It's too bad, I had to put some black inert substrate on top of the moon sand, because the moon sand is

gorgeous! Shiny, sparkly, black, black, and looks awesome. But it is still very light, and with the shrimp

moving it around and digging some, it would kick up and get into the filters and eventually grind down

the mechanical filter parts, but man does the moon sand look great!

You can also use coal slag sandblasting sand.  It comes in a bunch of different sizes and is like $7 for a 50lb bag.  It is also inert :)

Is it very light or does it blow around much? It is fairly cheap too, and looks nice, some

really black and shiny, that I could put on top of the moon sand?