Blue Bolt tankmates with Golden Bees?

I was curious as to what happens when you add other shrimp with Golden Bees.  Specifically I was wondering what happens when you put a Blue Bolt in with Golden Bees.  What will the offspring be?  Does it make some Goldens Some BB or does it make lighter BB's?  

Ryan

Someone please correct me if I am wrong!

BBs are a mutation of golden bees.  You may see some dilution of the colour, as I think the goldens would have the dominant colour genes.

If you put them in with goldens, the offspring may be a bit more hardy. After which I would cross them back with the bolts to bolster the genes. 

That is my estimate based on my limited knowledge of TBs. Hope it helps!

Cool thanks.  I was just looking to start with Golden Bees and hopefully when I know I can keep them successfully I wanted to add another shrimp with some color.  I have loved Blue Bolts from the minute I saw them and had plans if things work out to add a couple in some time in the future.

Ryan

No problem, glad to help. I know exactly how you feel, except I dove right in to the blue bolts. Once I saw them in person I knew that is what I wanted to keep.

Mine were a bit fussy to feed, but are now eating normally. Also found that the happier mine are, the more blue they show. I hope your venture goes well, keep us updated!

Thanks I currently have my tank cycling about two weeks in.  I see a nice slime layer building up on all surfaces and water parameters are moving along nicely.  I tested nitrates last nigh for the first time and they are at 20ppm.  I purchased the Goldens from Mayphly and will have them shipped some time in December.  I have already learned my lesson in rushing a cycle with my Neos lost about 125$ worth over the first couple months.  

Ryan

My first tank i basically started with no outside bacteria and it took for ever.  It literally was driving me crazy but now with three established tanks to get bacteria from this is going much quicker.  I have to keep reminding myself that it is more than just Amonnia, Nitrite and Nitrate levels.  I really want to make sure there is lots of food for the shrimp to graze on.