USPS Priority Mail

OMG Aquatics

Did anyone notice that Priority Mail takes an extra day?

Let's say Priority Mail will take 2 days from NY to FL.

Priority Mail Express 2 day - 2 days in transit

Priority Mail 2 day - 3 days in transit

Even if it says 2 days, it actually takes 3 days?

Priority Mail is +1 day from Express

USPS is going to be out of the business soon tbh.

They are struggling so badly right now.

There's a reason why many shippers rather use UPS Surepost, Fedex Smartpost, UPS Mail innovation instead of USPS.

If USPS were to calculate how many packages are late daily, it be like 60-80% packages are delivered late.

This is why USPS doesn't offer money back guarantee on Priority Mail when it's pricing is very similar to UPS grounds/Fedex Grounds.

It's just that bad... 

I sent a package of rbt from CA to VA priority last month. Took two months. Its the holiday season, especially with cyber Monday, the post office is swamped. I would never ship shrimp till after the holiday season.

I sent a package of rbt from CA to VA priority last month. Took two months. Its the holiday season, especially with cyber Monday, the post office is swamped. I would never ship shrimp till after the holiday season.

Your a low volume shipper so you may see things differently.

I noticed USPS packages are delaying more than usual after the government shutdown a few years ago.

I would assume lots have been laid off.

for starters priority mail will run slower at this time of year. i know several breeders that will not ship live fish/shrimp/plants between dec1 and jan15th due to christmas mail. the only time i have had a priority box take more than 2 days was if it involves FL. i am in oklahoma and priority express to me is 2 days i do not get over night on anything be it ups, usps, fedex what ever its all 2 day. normal priority mail with usps gets to me in the same amount of time that express does. if a box is mailed monday priority i get it on wednesday. only time i have had it take longer is if it got lost some where or when paypal jacked up right after i moved and sent the seller the old address not my updated address. i have only had 2 boxes get lost with fish in 10+ years of using post office for fish.

USPS is going to be out of the business soon tbh.

They are struggling so badly right now.

There's a reason why many shippers rather use UPS Surepost, Fedex Smartpost, UPS Mail innovation instead of USPS.

If USPS were to calculate how many packages are late daily, it be like 60-80% packages are delivered late.

This is why USPS doesn't offer money back guarantee on Priority Mail when it's pricing is very similar to UPS grounds/Fedex Grounds.

It's just that bad... 

this is wrong. as a matter of fact ups uses usps to deliver a fair bit of their packages. there was a problem a year or 2 ago where ups was super far behind and had to pay out the rear for late shipments. they ended up using usps to get christmas packages out on time. and i have ordered a number of packages in the last year that start out wit ups tracking or fedex and on the 2 days before its suposed to get delivered tracking drops out. and then in a day or so shows up in a usps priority box. also they do have free insurance now.

Believe it or not, you don't want to deal with USPS insurance. It's literally not obtainable. 

As for all shipping companies, they make arrangements to ensure holiday shipments get delivered on time and yes I remember that issue as well. That tells you how much business USPS has actually lost. UPS increased working force during holiday and still wasn't able to keep up. Hence, people are using UPS more than USPS. 

USPS delivery isn't bad but as far as using USPS during transit from one location to another, is the worst choice possible which is why many use surepost, smartpost.

Most businesses have switched from USPS First Class PKG to Surepost, Smartpost, DHL global mail. USPS has lost millions of dollars if you do some research :)

If UPS and FedEx stores were in more locations, I'm sure USPS would almost never be used.

I send out many packages weekly using USPS.

I say about one package per 1-2 months get lost for an extra day. So 3 days total transit.

So the rest get there in the 2 days period.

And the two times I had to use the insurance. I get them right away from my PO. Showed them receipt and package and boom cash out of the register into my hand.

I send out many packages weekly using USPS.

I say about one package per 1-2 months get lost for an extra day. So 3 days total transit.

So the rest get there in the 2 days period.

And the two times I had to use the insurance. I get them right away from my PO. Showed them receipt and package and boom cash out of the register into my hand.

Your lucky!!

I never successfully even got a refund for all my late USPS Express Mail. I go to the post office and they tell me some bs and tell me to go home and get my refund online... BUT only the post office can give me the refund...

I have to say I have been quite pleased with USPS. Yes at times my Priority mail takes an extra day. We have to be mindful though that 1) its the holiday season and 2) Alot of my packages that do take an extra day are from East Coast to West Coast. I'd say they do a great job overall in my personal experience. No sense bashing them, won't do you any good.

That's funny. Most of my packages from NYC to West Coast arrives on time or earlier but all packages from NYC to East Coast is either on time or late.

Bashing them because as an Amazon seller, we also get rated for "On Time Delivery".

Most people here sell without a required delivery date.

Amazon by far receives the most traffic, probably millions per day.

You would most likely be required to switch carriers if your "On Time Delivery" is poor and that means an extra 2-5 dollars per package.

I barely made it last year despite me handling the packages over to the post office on time.

Hopefully this year will be better.

If you guys sell your shrimp on Amazon, your sales would increase so much more but not easy to maintain the "perfect" account Amazon expects of you.

it all depends on where you live. i have got packages from nick (speedie) both priority and priority express. they both arrive in 2 days ie mailed monday delivered by noon on wednesday. same with any one else i have gotten packages from. only time it has taken 3 days was when a box comes from or goes to florida and goes though gainsville sort facility. i think its just such a huge place that it takes longer to go though due to volume. 

Poopians dont take this the wrong way but most of what you post is complaining about this or that. it does get old. and as for selling on amazon im not a fan of amazon or ebay so i dont buy from there but maybe a couple times a year. i would rather deal with a small breeder/seller in a forum that i can pretty much contact and have spoken with several times already. just more of a personal deal to mean. not a "company" type thing. and i think a lot of people are like that and thats why they dont sell on places like amazon. 

as for usps loosing buisness not really. again usps has contracts with fedex and ups. so that ups and fedex have usps deliver their packages. in other words ups and fedex pay the post office to deliver packages for them. if the post office really had such bad quality do you really think other shipping companies would deal with them? and as for lost packages, the one time i had to call and track down a package that was a day late (3 days instead of 2) the post office opened a ticket on my box ( long fin green bn female) and it left the sort facility with in half an hour and a postal worker made a trip to my house AFTER they already delivered mail that day to get the box to me. our local office is small and does not deliver mail it is delivered from the bigger sister city. so yes usps has great service and i wont get fish or shrimp any other way

I just got shrimp from Mayphy yesterday they were mailed from northern California monday morning I think like 10:30 local time.  When I tracked the package it said the delivery was scheduled for Thursday.  The package showed up yesterday just after noon local time in upstate NY.  I think this time of year they add in an extra day to account for increased package traffic with all intentions of delivering within the stated 2 day time frame.  In my case it showed up a day earlier than expected, great for me and my new shrimp!  All arrived alive and healthy.