Improvised food

Let's see your ingredients. I found some common or uncommon stuff that shrimp like and seems otherwise harmless.

Rice noodles. Shrimp graze on them like crazy. I have some fresh pics in the gallery with shrimps on rice noodles.

Acerola powder sinks and they also go for that. There are other ingredients from the nature shop I found the shrimp like so let's make a list of what you found that works.

So far it's just "normal" veggies... Zukes/squashes, spinach, lettuce, Lima beans (I took the shells off, but based on your soy experience, maybe I should have given them that too!), and the newest, they really liked the tiny piece of boiled asparagus!

I'd really like to see what they and the Otos would do with seaweed sheets from the market.

I tried Nori sheets. It's used to wrap sushi in. They're not too interested in it although it's rich in fibers and cellulose. Snails prefer it but not that much. Tried with great acceptance dried mango and papaya bits.

Found rice sheets used to wrap chinese spring rolls. These work also fairly well. They are see-trough thin. Don't seem to pollute much. They also work via carbohydrates -> bacterial growth -> shrimp feed pathway. Although shrimps will clamor on it right away.

Too much sugar is not the problem. Too much protein is. That will bump everything up involved in the nitrogen cycle. Sugars are broken down on a different pathway and don't pollute as much. The bacterial and fungi bloom provides food for the shrimp.