Converting an existing tank for bee shrimp

I recently set up a divided 20g for my neo colonies and my frogs. The original 10g that homed my shrimp for 2 years is still up and running (has a pile of blue rilis in it im working on rehomeing).

Would my established bacteria colony (aquanon 20g hob with sponge predicted) survive just adding a new bee shrimp friendly substrate? And a slow wc transition to mix of ro and tap? Or am I more likely to grow bacteria that will thrive in a low ph environment by starting a new cycle?

You are fine using an established bacteria colony.  You still want to let the tank sit for a month anyways, especially if using aquasoil or any other active substrate that leeches ammonia for the first few weeks. 

I don't think the bacteria would be different in lower pH but even if you did it would be fine to move your current colony over and if there is bacteria more specialized to a lower pH they would just slowly take over the current bacteria you have.  Even in the worst case scenario you wouldn't be any worse off then if you started fresh. 

i say grab some fluval shrimp stratum and you should be good to go. you can just dump it in and run the filter for a day or 2 to clear the tank. fluval shrimp stratum does not leach ammonia like some of the other substrates and will buffer quite well. it took my 7.3 tap down to 6 and held it there the year i used it.

By down to 6 ph, do you have something that measures below 6 accurately? Or you always read at the bottom of the scale?

the kit i had at the time measured in .5 and started at ph 5. it read 6 on my test i had then. i only use liquid test and it seemed pretty accurate with the other tanks and taking water to get tested a time or 2 at a pet shop

the api master kit i have now has ph 5, 6, 6.4,6.6, and so on so im sure you could test with api master kit