new snail question?

Doc4PC2

It seems like I am reading a lot that shrimp keepers like to keep Malaysian Trumpet snail with their shrimp.

Some like to keep the ramshorn, but it seem like the majority think it's good to keep Malaysian Trumpet snails

with their shrimps, but I really don't know why.

Is there a reason for this? What is the difference to keeping Malaysian Trumpet snails with shrimps versus

Ramshorns, or some other snail?  Does anyone know?

Mts burrow into the substrate, which helps if any gas builds up wich could be deadly for shrimp and fish both alike. I don't know the exact name for gS it's either anaerobic or aerobic. By burrowing through the substrate the substrate is constantly being shifted around so no build up can occur. They eat a lot of stuff mum I guess you could say that builds up as well.

This is just what I got out of everything I've read about them. I had some but they all went byby when I sold my 55g

MTS is a good snail to keep in any aquarium, they seem to eat just about anything preventing gas pockets and aerating the substrate. This prevents anaerobic hydrogen sulfurous gas to accumulate and bomb the tank. I didn't had that happen to me but folks with lots of decaying matter in the substrate are particularly susceptible to this.

MTS are livebearers and will multiply quickly if there is a plentiful food source. Keep your feedings to a minimum and they will produce slowly. They eat decaying organic matter such as melting leaves and alge. These are the best types of snails IMO and they are fun to watch. They all come out to play when the lights are turned off. Also fun is having a couple of assassin snails in the same tank. Nothing like a good snail race.

Thanks for the info everyone!