Phone help!

chibikaie

I can't make outgoing phone calls all of a sudden. The call ends as soon as it dials. Any thoughts? It'll be a while before I can drag it in to the magic store where they like, lay hands and exorcise demons. (Or look at my phone, shake their heads sadly, and say, "Okay, that's a new one, I don't think that can be fixed.")

I did just upgrade to lollipop, but I can't imagine this is an intentional feature.

Samsung Galaxy S5

No.

Uhhhhhh ..... what?

There are different dialers?

I don't even know how to take it out of the case. I did reboot a couple of times.

Hmm. Let me go fiddle with some things ... perhaps I turned something off while I was trying to get rid of junk.

^Hahaha, I'm with you, chibikaie! Few things make me feel as dumb as phones, and those last three questions mean nothing to me. I got my first cell phone years after all my friends, and I've never tinkered with them like I did with other electronics. It's just supposed to make calls, and now take pictures!, and it should just WORK. ;)

Good luck to you! At least you have Meta and other people here for some advice!

Looks like no custom ROM - if you did it, you'd know ;)

Is it on wifi calling, or regular?

And of course it could be on your provider's end. Depending on who you get ahold of in tech support, many of them are real good about talking you thru things. Assuming you have another phone you can call from.

Meta - so you think maybe it did OTA update and that could have messed things up? Do those updates usually require you to hit 'OK'? Or are they more stealthy?

Looks like no custom ROM - if you did it, you'd know ;)

Is it on wifi calling, or regular?

And of course it could be on your provider's end. Depending on who you get ahold of in tech support, many of them are real good about talking you thru things. Assuming you have another phone you can call from.

Meta - so you think maybe it did OTA update and that could have messed things up? Do those updates usually require you to hit 'OK'? Or are they more stealthy?

Typically a OTA ask for permission for a major change but it it's small say 4.2.2 to 4.2.4 it just happens.

have a gneiss day

So now I am really confused, because it is now working and I don't think I did ANYTHING.

It's possible it is related to wireless. I was as work and since I use my phone for work email, I felt perfectly justified in logging onto their wireless network. However, we do not have an IT person, and mystery possible network issuess are common as a result. (For several months, one mouse was controlling the pointer on two separate computers. This is a thing that happens.)