My shrimps are dying and I found something and have no idea what it is

brunoboy650

That was happening to my shrimp when my GH was too low. My GH was around 1. They molt fine around a GH of 4. Also, it may be a calcium issue. You can feed them food that has calcium supplement in it. In many cases GH booster contains Potassium Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, and Magnesium Sulfate. Test your GH. The crack is a sign of molting problems.

fishcrazy i also think you are totally right... the water GH, KH and probably Ca iones are to low as levels... probably the tap water is from the beginnig very soft...

i would try to put minerals... dennerle or other things you know.

That was happening to my shrimp when my GH was too low. My GH was around 1. They molt fine around a GH of 4. Also, it may be a calcium issue. You can feed them food that has calcium supplement in it. In many cases GH booster contains Potassium Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, and Magnesium Sulfate. Test your GH. The crack is a sign of molting problems.

Most recommend 6-8 GH for neos.

Most recommend 6-8 GH for neos.

I agree 6 is probably the best, but 4-8 is good. Mines do fine in 4. When I first started I would keep it around 6. But my water is very soft, so when I do water changes in drops it slightly every time. I use this site a lot when looking at parameters http://shrimpery.com/shrimps

My Tap is PH 8.2 GH 17 KH 10...... I finally started adding RO and I find molt all the time now. But this past two weeks I lost two neos while my CRS are ok at the moment . My fire red that was carrying 20 eggs or what looked like that many is holding maybe 7-10 now if that. I dont know if they hatch at different times but she held em for atleast 2 weeks since I first saw them

My Tap is PH 8.2 GH 17 KH 10...... I finally started adding RO and I find molt all the time now. But this past two weeks I lost two neos while my CRS are ok at the moment . My fire red that was carrying 20 eggs or what looked like that many is holding maybe 7-10 now if that. I dont know if they hatch at different times but she held em for atleast 2 weeks since I first saw them

That GH is way too high and your KH. Actually all those readings are to high. What are you using to test? Are you adding minerals to your RO water?

Do they look almost milky in color or slow might be bacterial if it's only ones you got from one certain place how long have you had those perticular ones if it is bacterial you'll want to seperate so your others don't get sick