fluval and seachem

Jadenlea

Did you  know they are the same company now?????    Along with Fluval buying aquaclear.   Thats three fish companies condensed in to one.

Also,  I saw that seachem has a  PH lowering powder.  Says it brings it down 4.4.  to 5.5.    Anyone tried this for their TB tanks?   They had alot of stuff I had 

never seen before. 

Did you  know they are the same company now?????    Along with Fluval buying aquaclear.   Thats three fish companies condensed in to one.

Also,  I saw that seachem has a  PH lowering powder.  Says it brings it down 4.4.  to 5.5.    Anyone tried this for their TB tanks?   They had alot of stuff I had 

never seen before. 

Fluval and Aquaclear have been under Hagen for quite some time now, no new news there.  Not sure if Hagen's purchased Seachem.

Hagen is parent company they own nutrafin, Laguna, marina, and some bird dog and cat brands as well. Consolidation is pretty common in commodity products, scaling is only way to compete.

Now seachem has always prided themselves on being independent so I would be surprised if they sold out to Hagen. Where did you come upon this info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Seachem Discus Buffer to lower my pH.  I will be trying a tank with inert substrate and only the pH buffer and remineralizer (I use RODI) with some crystal blacks after I get some offspring that I can "spare".  

you will have to review it all for us.  If it really works, I don't understand why that would not be a valid option over the substrates that lose their effectiveness

you will have to review it all for us.  If it really works, I don't understand why that would not be a valid option over the substrates that lose their effectiveness

Think about it ;)

Substrate would constantly buffer to correct ranges.

I never tried Seachem buffer but I doubt it constantly buffers.

Now you have to worry constantly about when Seachem buffer stops and etc.

but we shrimpers are always testing our water and adding stuff anyway.. checking our PH and TDS  GH.. adding remineralizer ,  bt 9,  mk blood,  ect ect..whatever it is you use in your tank.  So its no harder to keep track of the buffer unless its a daily thing.  

but we shrimpers are always testing our water and adding stuff anyway.. checking our PH and TDS  GH.. adding remineralizer ,  bt 9,  mk blood,  ect ect..whatever it is you use in your tank.  So its no harder to keep track of the buffer unless its a daily thing.  

That MIGHT be where you're wrong.

I'm pretty sure most of the veteran shrimpers don't test water like that.

I use to test them everyday. Now I don't even do test until there's a problem. 

My two cents, my substrate does not buffer so I use Borneo wild Humic balls and some peat pellets in the filter and remineralized RO with Shrimpy Daddy. The tank stays very consistent at pH 6 then as the peat wears out it maxes out at 6.4 which takes months. And on testing water, I check pH maybe once every week or two and TDS every few days because its quick and easy.  I dont really add anything other than the prescribed Shrimpy Daddy products and occaisonally Bacter.  I never test No2, No3, amonia, or hardness.