Tiger shrimp - any advice?

Today I did a 'spur of the moment' buy but I have actually been wanting to take the next step from neos.

An LFS had a small variety and I brought home 4 regular tiger shrimp. I wasn't planning on doing it that way, but for my first try it was easier than buying a large amount and having them shipped.

They are acclimating. Almost 2 hours now with a drip.

I had planned on putting them in with my dream blues.

Any advice on this situation? Any advice on tigers in general? I've done reading, googled, but I also prefer the 'real scoop' :)

They are not little

post-507-0-88136500-1428357149_thumb.jpg

I put tangerine tigers in my rcs tank and they have been doing great. Berried up quickly. I've been keeping the temp around 73 as ive read thats optimal for them and the rcs seem to be happy no matter the temp. Best of luck!

Thank you! I didn't have a heater in my dream blue tank but I have one in there now getting ready to go. The water is 70 without it right now so I will just up it a few degrees at a time. My snowballls are in 72 degrees and they breed like rabbits, so hopefully that will make everyone happy! :)

If you want really good advice on Tiger shrimps send a message to dukeanddabears, he is very successful with the tiger species. He is the owner buypetshrimp and a sponsor on here.

If you want really good advice on Tiger shrimps send a message to dukeanddabears, he is very successful with the tiger species. He is the owner buypetshrimp and a sponsor on here.

Hopefully he will share it as a post on here as I would love to learn as well.

Aw ... I wanted tigers but the tank is 68 F during the winter.

Please dont go by my 73f that I mentioned as that is based on some forum reading I did so should be taken with a grain of salt. Mine do seem most happy there though. Hopefully someone like the forum member mentioned earlier will chime in with some better experience than me.

Lower temperature is not that big of a problem, what people have to worry about is higher temperature, high 70s and beyond.

thanks for the pics :)

How does the size compare to neos?

They are a bit bigger than my adult snowballs, so I am hoping that means these are not going to get any bigger?? And they are extremely active and ... I don't want to say aggressive, I think 'fearless' might be a better term? My dream blues are reserved but these guys are ALL over the tank, exploring, checking it out and crazy. lol  My snowballs are that way too - they never hide (not even the babies) and just have no fear and are always out in the open.  lol

Ohhhh, and just spotted a hitchhiker baby!! It must have come in with the tigers. Will be interesting to see what it turns out to be. 

Sadly, if it's a cherry (which it likely is) I will have to rehome it... but it will be fun to see what it grows up to be :)

It's definitely a baby but it's on the back wall so that 'speck' is all the pic I could get, lol. It's completely clear right now..

post-507-0-43666200-1428462650_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, what was it?