adding shrimp substrate to an existing neo tank?

Hi,

Im going to be getting Mischling really soon and my parameters in my tank are good my ph stays between 6.4 and 7.2 using filtered tap water. I dont have an ro/di unit. I want to use fluval stratum shrimp and plant substrate because i can get it locally. I already have 3 neo tanks set up. If i put the existing water from the tank in a bucket and wash out the tank of the old substrate and add the new stuff can i add my shrimp back in or do i have to wait a few days? I have marina breeder boxes(large and medium) that i can put my shrimp in if i cant add them right back into their tank(s). my tanks are all cycled and have biofilm on the filters, moss, and cholla wood.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Thank you :). My filtered tap water is 7.4 ph very soft nitrates and nitrites 0 and i forget what the rest was. Will test it tomorrow. I can go slow with my neos. I usually leave the jugs of filtered tap out with airstones in it for 2-3 days before adding it to the tank to lower the ph.

I am assuming you will be using the same filter as well? What type of filter are you using? I have never used Fluval Stratum, but you want to be 100% sure it doesn't leech any ammonia. If it doesn't I would still take precaution, add substrate, add your old tank water and filter. Then monitor your water parameters. 

im not sure why it swings i think outta the water jugs after using the airstones for a few days it goes back up to 7.2 after settling in the tank. I have a double sponge filter and a round sponge filter in my 5g tank and just the round sponge filters in my 2.5g tanks.