PRL Video

plamski

I'm curious as to the benefits of the three level tiered tank. I guess you can lower the water level and cleanly change out the substrate in the top tier with the ugf when the buffering capabilities are exhausted. But why the second tier? Is the bottom tier bare? Do you normally feed on the substrate or was that just for the video.

Beautiful video by the way.

and what did u use to set up the tank?

ex salty shrimp minerals gh plus, mk breed, or other?

because my shrimps dont make a fireball or eat much....

setup.Mosura mud, BT-9,GlasGarten Bacter AE.I feed every other day alternating boiled greens and dry food or powder foods.

I'm curious as to the benefits of the three level tiered tank. I guess you can lower the water level and cleanly change out the substrate in the top tier with the ugf when the buffering capabilities are exhausted. But why the second tier? Is the bottom tier bare? Do you normally feed on the substrate or was that just for the video.

Beautiful video by the way.

The 3 level tank reason are: 1. to have bear bottom spot for feeding. 2.Main level is only1-1.5" thick substrate-save some money.The 3rd level has 3-3.5" deep substrate.Air-driven UGF is there Thick substrate  hold more beneficial bacteria +  buffer longer.