Should I?

Aiko

so I noticed one of my shrimp looked like they had "cream filling" so a bacterial infection so I removed it to a 1 gal tank I have cycled I'm going to be treating it with melafix, for the 7 day treatment should I  do a 3 day dose on my main tank to be safe?

If they really have a bacterial infection Melafix wont help.   There is a recent string (within the last week) by soothing shrimp about bacterial infections that you could look for. I forget which topic it was under.   Or some people have reported some limited luck with paragard

If they really have a bacterial infection Melafix wont help.   There is a recent string (within the last week) by soothing shrimp about bacterial infections that you could look for. I forget which topic it was under.   Or some people have reported some limited luck with paragard

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/3388-possible-bacteria-cures/#entry47883

thank you  35ppt I've read that post bit confused on what to use so far its only the one shrimp all the rest still looking good I have him in his own 1 gal tank, oxytetracycline you have to get from a vet it looks like and is a dewormer that boost immunity?

melafix and paragard wont do much on my tank when i had a infection but Maracyn-Two worked and cured my shrimps! 

http://www.amazon.com/Fritz-Aquatics-Mardel-Maracyn-Treats/dp/B00OTH6EVY/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1429986398&sr=1-1&keywords=Maracyn-Two

I might have to look into it thanks