Mosura PH Up

You will be fighting the substrate and will cause drastic ph fluctuations until the substrate buffering ability is exhausted. Probably stress the tigers more than leaving the pH low.

Thanks for the advise!

What water parameters you keep your Royal Blue Tigers?

You pretty much have 3 options. Give/Sell your tiger shrimp and get TB/bee shrimp or setup new tank or increase KH slowly until your pH goes near 7(Can use baking soda).

Thanks! I do not want to sell.

I will set up new tank with insert substrate with Fluval Stratum. I hope to keep the ph around 6.8...

What do you think?

Thanks for the advise!

What water parameters you keep your Royal Blue Tigers?

pH 6.9-7.1

Temp 72F to 73.5F

TDS 190-220

GH 9-10

KH 3-4

I haven't had them for long but they seem to be happy and growing fast. The key (as with any shrimp) is stability. Parameters can be in the ball park, but stability must be rock solid.

pH 6.9-7.1

Temp 72F to 73.5F

TDS 190-220

GH 9-10

KH 3-4

I haven't had them for long but they seem to be happy and growing fast. The key (as with any shrimp) is stability. Parameters can be in the ball park, but stability must be rock solid.

Thnaks?

What substrate you use to maintain 7 ph?

I use Salty Shrimp GH/KH+.

I use aged tap water. My tap water where I live is extremely good, usually less than 10ppm TDS and nothing nasty so I don't need to use RO. I let it sit in a 5 gallon bucket with heater, airstone and IAL until needed. I take a gallon out and remineralize to 200ppm TDS for water changes.