How often do you feed your shrimp and how long do you live the food in?

Greetings everyone I know this is a very noob question and there are a lot of vague rules to go by for example,15 mins to an hour I have read on different post. What I'm curious about is after 15 mins and your shrimps are still on the food should you just take it out or 'let them finish'. And lastly how often should you feed your shrimp?

My tank is 7 gallons, temp is 76, 1 IAL (can add more), 3-4 pieces of cholla wood, 2-3 moss balls broken up, 20-30 cherry shrimp, 2 mini sponge filters and HOB with sponge wrapped around filter intake. Moderately planted and tons, tons of moss. Tank has been set up for roughly about a month and some weeks. I leave the light on for 5-6 hours a day. What would be your recommendations for feeding schedule? Don't know how to attach pics :(

I have 20+ adult Red Rilis 6+ Oebt and around 150 red rili babies. I have a planted 20 Gallon tank for them so there is plenty of food to graze on but i usually feed them every other day (Enough for them to finish within an hour) but ive went on vacation for a week without feeding them and them were perfectly fine

This is my regime, and it depends on how mature your tank is along with how many shrimp you have.

I currently feed Monday-Friday, alternating foods between each day. Saturday and Sunday, I give their digestive system time to remove all excess. 

How much? In my PRL Tank I have about the same number of shrimp, with the exception of about 20-30 shrimplets. I feed them once a day, half or a third of the normal pellet/stick/pad/etc. In my Taiwan Bee tank for instance I have around 50-60 shrimp I feed 3/4 to a whole pellet/stick/pad/etc.

Hope this helps! Remember every now again, treat them to some Mulberry/Amaranth/Kale/Spinach/etc they love it!