Mischlings - should have a TB with them correct?

Faralon

So, the point of having Mischlings is the chance to have a TB shrimplet. Correct? I assume this is generally "upgraded" by putting at least one TB shrimp in with them to up the chances? I'm assuming this is why Shrimpscales included a Panda and BlueBolt with his two RAOK packages?

If so..., since I lost my Panda...I might be in the market for a Panda or BB, correct?

Thanks "Team".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct.  In a perfect world, you'd take your misclings that you have, and once they reach breeding age, remove the male mischlings from that tank.  Keep male TB's with your female mischlings.  Once they breed and hatch, anyone who is not a TB in that tank is removed (before they reach adulthood so that you can keep separate your original female mischlings) and let the process repeat.

In one of my tanks that I like to think of as back here in the "real world" I was still learning and didn't remove all non-TB offspring, because, you know, life happens.  So, that tank has a mix of CBS/CRS/mischling and TB.  When TB babies are born - which still do come out of that tank, though the odds do drop some - I move them to a TB only tank.  I remove the non-TB males to try and help bump up my TB offspring odds, but it won't ever be as good as known female mischlings and only TB males.  If I ever sell my non-TB shrimp from that tank, I sell them as CBS/CRS (priced accordingly), and I call out that they are from my mischling tank, so they might contain TB genes.  I find most people are really happy to buy them as regular CRS/CBS with the chance (though small) of hitting the genetic lottery and getting a random TB.  The key is to stress that they are not guaranteed mischlings, and that they buyer should just expect to enjoy them as CRS/CBS.

I still enjoy my mischling tank a lot, but what I learned is that it takes more work than what I had initially planned.  In essence, every baby (non-TB) needs to be removed from every batch, every time.   Most of us like to have lots of shrimp in the tank, and so that can mean lots of females and babies.  This quickly becomes lots of netting!

I have one TB tank that from every batch of 50-60 TB babies a random Mischling is born. I assume since Taiwan breeders did so much cross breeding the gene is still there. 

From this summers breeding I end up with 4 mischlings born from TB mother and father that I have to sell. If you interested let me know and I can separate them for you. I assume they carry higher chance of TB offspring's since both parents are TB's. 

Is "RedMan" a TB? I'm not 100% on all the designations. He (I think it's a he) is obviously a Wine Red. If he was a CRS, I'd expect a white head. Almost looks like a Wine Red King Kong, but I do t know if KK's have white markings on their tails.

9e294e18cfa240134ea5b4a6de8304cc.jpg

9562669fb200ed62bcbb667a6986c40a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk