Microbe -Lift Special Blend

Any thoughts or experience about using this product with shrimp tanks, not necessarily just with setting up a new tank, but also to use in established tanks to keep healthy bacterias going and to create good bio film and a good shrimpy environment in general ?

Ideally I would like to have used Bacter AE, but this is not available locally.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am going to be using their aquatic planting media for my next tank.  It is basically montmorillionite clay base which I have found in the past to be the best substrate for my shrimp tanks.  I like the added things that this material contains and as it will also help my plants to grow good too.  Ive raised most of my shrimps and fish on clay substrate because it was inert and you could control the PH with other things like a layer of peat moss in between.  My tanks stayed at a stable PH of 6.5 when I used this combination before.  Montmorillionite clay

is very good for helping shrimps molt and is used in many Japanese Breeders tanks.

Now that I am using Bee Soil and some other types I am losing shrimps more often, so going back to the basics of using clay as my substrate.

here's the link to the substrate I will be using.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=12275